Cruelty At It's Finest

It was mid afternoon the next day when I heard someone shout.

"Ship off the port side!"

Immediately there was action. Jones got out of his cabin and started giving orders, some men got the sails ready for the pursuit, while others got the cannons ready for battle, and I just stood there not really knowing what to do since this was my first time pursuing an enemy ship. I suddenly remembered some of the stories I read as a child, about the Kraken and how it could take down a ship in the blink of an eye, too bad it died.

Once we caught up to the ship and the cannons were ready, Jones gave the word.

"Fire!"

I suddenly noticed how commanding Jones was and how he kept a cool head even right in the middle of a battle. I felt myself blush as I looked his way. But the moment ended quickly as the cannons fired and I watched as helpless men were killed instantly. I gaped in horror.

'Why is he doing this!?' I thought miserably as another round of cannons were fired.

Pieces of wood flew everywhere, including a few limbs of those unfortunate enough to be in the line of fire. I wretched as one arm flew quite close to my head and landed on deck.

I looked at Jones again but this time, the blush was from anger.

After the ship sank five of the survivors were on deck waiting to find out their fate.

"-200 years of servitude...do ye accept?" Jones asked the first man.

"No, never." He said firmly.

"Alright then...to the depths."

I watched in horror as Maccus sliced the man's throat with a knife and tossed him overboard. I felt like I was going to be sick.

I ran over the the railing and watched as the sea turn red with blood.

I then lost my lunch.

I turned back, wiping my mouth, to find the other four men had agreed to Jones' offer, and were now in servitude. Jones watched as the four men got to work, his expression unreadable. Then he caught my eye.

I couldn't think of what to do, I was speechless.

I glared at him for a second before downstairs, and collapsing on my bunk, sobbing.

OOOOOOO! THAT GOT INTENSE! what's gonna happen next? :D

Meme

Sorry for the short chapter!