Nyx

Davy's POV

I sat there in silence staring into nothing. Marina had gone to bed a short while ago, and I was surprised at how quickly she had learned what notes made a certain sound. I couldn't help but notice the way her eyes, a dark blue color, lit up when she got a note right, and the dimples she would get when she smiled. I suddenly stopped myself.

I hadn't felt this way towards a woman in a long time ever since...her. Just mentioning her name fills me with anger, a deep loathing rage, along with a deep sadness.

I took some deep breaths to calm me down, I did not want to lose it.

*Time skip to the following morning*

Marina's POV

"Land Ho!"

I ran to the front of the ship to see an island coming in the distance and I got excited, I hadn't been on land in a while. I dearly missed the feeling of sand In between my toes, and solid ground that did NOT constantly rock back and forth. We got into the lifeboats and started heading up a river, surrounded by various jungle plants. I noticed Davy looked tense, his eyes kept searching for something up-river, and I didn't know what it was until he finally said something.

"There, there it is." He said, pointing at a nearby bungalow.

It was quite small probably only having one room, maybe two. It's straw covered roof was surprisingly well-built. There were polls beneath it, holding it above water, and I suddenly remembered Davy's curse.

"Does that count as land? Or are you allowed to walk on it." I asked him.

"I should be fine since it's above the water." He responded.

We stopped at the small dock, and got out.

"Mind the boat." Jones told the crew members who came with us, they all nodded in reply.

We approached the small cabin, the wood creaking slightly with each step, and stopped in front of the door. Davy knocked, and the door opened immediately revealing a very old woman, who looked like she was in her mid-80's. Her face covered with wrinkles as she broke into a warm smile.

"Ah! Davy Jones! Long time no see." She said, giving him a warm smile. "Come in! Come in!" She gestured for us to come inside and we did.

Her cabin was small, but cozy with a pot of something cooking over an open fire. It smelled delicious.

"I'm gonna say it, you did not age well." She said, poking him in the arm.

"You should see yourself." He commented slyly, and she smacked him.

Note to self, don't get on her bad side.

"Sit down everyone, the stew is almost ready." She said walking over to the pot and stirring the contents.

I sat by Davy, who was looking slightly uncomfortable.

"You know her?" I asked him quietly.

"Aye, I've known her for years." He replied, just as quiet.

"How'd you two meet?"

"I bought some jewelry off of her, a long time ago."

We sat in silence for a moment, taking in the scenery. I noticed a large pot in the corner with some strange, green liquid inside. Before I could get a good look, Nyx announced the stew was ready.