Captain Jack Sparrow

After brooting for a short while I did my best to compose myself, I did not want to say anything I'll regret. I sat there ringing my hands, waiting for someone to come down the stairs. At last I heard footsteps and saw Jack Sparrow come down the stairs and spot me. I stood up, wanting to seem fierce.

"Hello dear, how're we doing down here?" He asked pleasantly.

"I've been better." I responded.

"Oh? What's bothering you?"

"Ugh!" I exclaimed, sitting down on my bunk.

Jack then unlocked the door and came in, handing me a bottle with a brown liquid inside.

"Rum?" He offered.

I sipped it grudgingly as he sat down beside me, taking a swig from a bottle of his own.

"You know, I have never seen a woman so unhappy after being rescued." He commented.

"That's because I. didn't. need. rescuing!" I said.

He looked at me, puzzled.

"What?...you didn't?"

"No. I didn't!"

He looked very puzzled now. "Then...what we're you doing aboard Jones' Crocodile Machine?"

"Serving my debt. But I didn't mind it! In fact I was enjoying it." I added hastily.

"But how could you enjoy something like that?" He asked, taking a sip of rum.

"Well, when one finds love it can make almost anything bearable-"

He spat out his rum. "What? You found love aboard that thing? With who??"

I felt myself go red.

"Oh no my dear, don't tell it's...Jones...." Silence. "...Is it?" He asked.

"...yes." I answered quietly. "In fact, you interrupted our first kiss."

He did a double take. "I'm gonna need proof, because I'm having a very hard time believing that."

I thought for a moment, What did I have as proof? I suddenly remembered. The locket! I reached into my shirt and pulled it out.

"Is this enough?" I asked, a slight smirk playing on my lips as his eyes widened.

He stared for a moment, not saying a word. "...I've both seen and heard of some gross things in me life, but that is truly disgusting."

"Is not." I retorted

"Is too!"

"It wouldn't be if you knew him." I said, crossing my arms.

"I already know enough about him."

"Like what?"

"I know he's a ruthless murderer, who takes down every ship he sees and kills almost every human in sight. He even killed me and me friend William."

I stopped.

"...what?...Then how are you alive right now?"

"Long story but all I'm saying is, that man is evil."

"No he's not." I said defensively.

"Are you saying he's changed?" Jack inquired.

"Yes. He's changed for the better, and I bet if you stopped the ship and let him catch up to us I could make him your ally."

He thought for a moment.

"You know how powerful he is. You'd be unstoppable." I said trying to tempt him, it worked.

"Alright then." He got up, and opened the cell door. "After you."

**********

Once we were on deck Jack gave the command to drop anchor.

"But sir," said the man who I learned was Mr. Gibbs. "The Dutchman's right on our tail."

"I know that." Jack replied. Despite kidnapping me I was actually starting to warm up to him, despite his quirks.

"Then why are we stopping?" Mr. Gibbs asked.

"Because this fine lass here," he gestured to me "claims to be Jones' girlfriend, and can convince him to be our ally."

Mr. Gibbs looked confused. "Alright then, drop anchor!"

The anchor was dropped and we halted, not it was just a waiting game.

"So how'd you two meet?" Jack asked me.

"I was adrift and he saved me." I replied.

"Huh...I have a hard time believing that."

"I did too. That's why when he asked me what I was doing in the middle of the sea alone, I told him I didn't have to answer because I thought I was dreaming."

"You what!?" Jack turned on me. "It's a mystery your still alive."

"Mhm."

Suddenly something emerged from the water next to us, and I immediately recognized those green sails.