Chapter 19

The four of them pulled into a gas station.

"Four hours of your singing is enough for me," Josiah said, mostly to Paxton. He stepped out of the passenger seat.

Paxton gently ran his hand down Blythe's arm. She stirred a bit from her sleep, but didn't fully wake.

"Baby," he cooed. "Do you need to use the bathroom?"

She made some kind of disgruntled sound, so Pax took it as a no.

Pax looked at Denver who had been driving. He was waiting patiently for them.

"I'll wait here with her until you get done," Pax decided, not wanting to leave her alone in the car.

Denver agreed.

Pax adjusted the blanket Bee was using so it covered more of her. She was sleeping so soundly. It was adorable.

Denver came back, opening Pax's door.

"Do you want to ride up front for awhile?" he asked. "Jo is going to drive the rest of the way."

"I'm pretty comfortable back here," Pax said. "I am going to go to the bathroom real quick, and get some coffee. Do you want some?"

"Jo is grabbing mine. Thanks, Pax," Denver said. He gave him a kiss in passing.

Denver sat in the back with Bee while they waited. They were halfway through their drive to the beach, and he couldn't wait. Jo had found a beautiful, secluded house right on the ocean. They had their own private beach with no neighbors for at least a mile. He couldn't wait to do absolutely nothing but lounge around.

Jo came back with two cups of coffee. He got in on the driver's seat, glancing back at them.

"Look at her," Jo whispered. "She's exhausted."

"No thanks to you," Denver teased.

"If I remember correctly, it wasn't just me," Jo said. "I'm surprised we were able to leave as early as we did."

Paxton came back out with his own coffee and some snacks, so Denver moved to the front, and they were on their way.

---

Blythe woke up just minutes before they arrived to the beach house. She scrubbed her face with a yawn, watching the cute beachy town pass by.

Denver, Jo, and Pax were talking about something, but her muddled mind couldn't tell what it was about. They stopped at a grocery store, and Josiah went in.

"Look who's awake," Paxton said. "You slept the whole drive."

She hummed in response. She wasn't really surprised considering she hadn't slept for more than a few hours last night, and she didn't really get a chance to pack until this morning. It was only a week, and she knew that most of the time would be spent at their rental lounging around, so she didn't need many clothes, but it was still a rush.

Later, Josiah pulled into the driveway of a cute cottage type house. It had a huge porch that wrapped all the way around, nestled among some brush and trees that made it all seem so quaint.

She stepped out of the car, stretching and feeling her bones pop. She was stiff and sore in so many places. A swim sounded really nice.

Josiah had already grabbed her bag for her. He led the way into the house.

The front door opened right into a foyer with a huge living room on the right, and a open kitchen on the left. There was a staircase that led to the upstairs bedrooms. It was so open and bright. Blythe was in love.

The wrap around porch in the back led out to a boardwalk that put them right on the beach. It was perfect.

"I bet your hungry, honey. Let's get the car unloaded, and then we can eat some lunch on the beach," Josiah said. He pulled her close, kissing her forehead.

She helped unload the car, taking the groceries they had just bought into the kitchen where she unloaded them.

She turned to find Paxton bringing in a ton of art supplies.

Denver brought in the last of the grocery bags.

Blythe moved closer, spying something bright and plastic, and realizing Jo had bought toys for the sand. Just a shovel and a bucket and a sandcastle mold. It was really cute.

"There's that smile," Denver said. He lifted her chin, kissing her lips and then her cheeks. "You're so cute."

"Who's playing in the sand?" Paxton asked curiously.

Blythe wrapped her arms around Denver, resting her head on his chest.

"I am," Josiah said. "I've never been able to do what I want to do, and what I want is to build a sandcastle."

"Well, my sandcastle is going to be better than yours," Paxton said, going over to Jo and giving him a soft kiss.