Seongjoong - The Pirate and the Cupid

Overview:

Storyline: Hongjoong is a rebel who is in love with his best friend Seonghwa. The latter, however, is a royal. The winter ball is coming up and both of them don't have a partner yet.

- OS is inspired by the series Ever After High.

TW: Mention of alcohol consumption, a spiky weapon (bow and arrow), and a little bit of vulgar language

Words: 3803

Author: Rony

————— ୨୧ —————

Pov. Kim Hongjoong*

I had been a hopeless romantic all my life and was constantly surrounded by couples.

Even now, I was sitting in chemistry class next to my best friend Seonghwa, also known as the son of Cupid. Two love-struck lovebirds were seated in front of us, unable to keep their hands off each other.

The daughter of Sleeping Beauty and the son of Ariel to be more precise.

The redhead teasingly held the erlenmeyer flask with a liquid under the girl's nose, whereupon she wrinkled her nose.

"Naww! Stop it, Oppa!" she giggled, patting her seatmate on the shoulder.

The couple was robbing me of my last nerve. Can people please stop showing how happy they are, while I was still searching for someone?

I propped my head up with the palm of my hand and began writing the molecules from the blackboard in my notebook.

My thoughts circled around the winter prom tonight.

While most already had a date, I, of course, did not. And that, although I had tried everything possible. With flowers or chocolates. I even wrote cheesy letters but was rejected by everyone.

But I was firmly convinced that no one would want to go with me because I was a rebel and not a goddamn royal. Besides, my father was Captain Hook, of all people. In whose story he was no Prince Charming who was chasing a pretty princess. Just a fucking pirate who bullied little kids.

It's my senior year in high school, so I really wanted to go with someone!

If I don't find a parter now and go home for the vacation, I'll be at the ocean all the time. And if I'm unlucky, my dad will introduce me to some weird ass pirate, if not a lady siren.

There's no way I'm going to pull the same crap as my dad.

You see, he married a pirate who had me. To my detriment, she had pissed off and was probably on a random island far away from me.

Sometimes I really wish my father had hooked himself a royal. At least then I'd have a little better chance in the future as far as everything in life was concerned.

Since I was a rebel, I literally had disadvantages everywhere.

The school bell rang, so I grumpily packed my things into my backpack and got up.

My mood was in the basement, and I didn't feel like doing anything.

Chewing my lips, I walked out of the classroom. Next to me walked Seonghwa, who was composing a message for someone on his cell phone.

Many students gathered and decorated the passageway with blue garlands and glittering paper snowflakes hanging from the ceiling.
All of them were very busy still preparing for the prom and looked forward today evening.