Minchan - Laundry talk

Overview:

Storyline: It's the middle of the night and Chan cannot sleep because of his insomnia. He is also tormented by the thought of his college sweetheart Minho. So he decides to pass the time by doing laundry. But what if he isn't the only one who has the same crazy idea of doing the laundry at a late hour?

TW: None

Words: 3152

Author: Rony

————— ୨୧ —————

Pov. Christopher Bang*

There was a boy in my class who I had befriended as a sophomore.

By now we were both seniors and I fell head over heels in love with this ice-cold, but actually warm-hearted boy.

To be honest, I even believed he felt the same way about me. However, we never had a moment just for the two of us to clarify what's actually between us.

He had his circle of friends, just like I did. We each had part-time jobs, and although we exchanged our KakaoTalk numbers, we rarely wrote to one another.

I often thought about making the first move to hang out with him alone or go out for drinks after class.

But I never tried, or rather, I never dared. I couldn't even type an ordinary "Hi, how are you? Do you feel like doing something after class? :D" on the phone keypad without being afraid of getting rejected.

But the meaningful looks we kept giving each other spoke volumes.

In class, in the hallways, elevator, dining hall, dorm, and a few times at parties.

The way I looked at him resembled the way he looked at me. Interested, desiring, questioning.

Minho seemed so far away and so close at the same time. Was it just my imagination or was there something special behind his mysterious behavior?

Today was another one of those nights when my insomnia really hit like a truck, and in addition, I just couldn't get Minho out of my head.

So, I decided to take the dirty laundry of Changbin, my roommate, and me to the washroom in the basement at 1:30 in the morning.

Since it was the middle of the week and most students were under the stress of exams, I didn't expect to bump into anyone there.

As a native ENFJ, I was honestly too tired to have a meaningful conversation with anyone or sit awkwardly across from a random student waiting for the laundry to finish. So, at this late hour, I had only the advantage to do laundry.

When I pushed open the door of the room with the full basket using my forearm and back, the room smelled pleasantly of fabric softener and lavender.

I wondered what idiot had forgotten to turn off the light. But as I stood in the room, there was indeed someone still inside, who had the same stupid idea as me.

I took a closer look at the student, who of course turned out to be Lee Minho.

He was sitting on an uncomfortable white plastic chair, wearing baggy clothes, adilettes, glasses, completely disheveled hair, and headphones in his ears. Minho seemed to be looking at his phone, maybe watching a K-drama or something.

At the sight of him, my heart beat a little faster, even though he was making the very slightest effort.

Minho didn't even notice that I had just walked in. He, on the other hand, frowned questioningly and let an indignant laugh escape his mouth as if something, about the thing he was watching, confused him.