Changlix - Love Defense

Overview:

Storyline: Changbin and Felix have an... interesting friendship. Well, they don't really have one, because Felix dislikes everyone. Nevertheless, Changbin constantly seeks Felix's company. Will this end well?

TW: None

Words: 4954

Author: Rony

————— ୨୧ —————

Pov. Seo Changbin*

This scenario in which I now found myself had become part of my everyday life. I was sitting outside, leaning against the wall behind the university gym, with small bruises and tired legs from running.

Well, I wasn't really sitting, because the ground was full of frozen snow. I was more squatting, but whatever. The victory of the fight was in our hands!

By our I meant my hands and Lee Felix's. He was the main instigator of the brawl and was now gasping for air like a fish. His cheeks and nose were as red as tomatoes and white clouds of exhaustion were pouring out of his mouth. His hands, which looked no different than his cheeks, were propped up on his thighs while his head was almost on the floor.

"Why exactly did you have to stress with those guys again? Are you a wannabe gangster now or what?" I asked, still out of breath and carefully grabbing my chapped lower lip.

The fist I had received directly on my lip was definitely not painless. It hurt like hell and during the fight I even thought the guy had knocked out a few of my teeth. But luckily I didn't have to go to the dentist today.

"They started it," muttered the orange-haired Australian, panting and wiping the drops of sweat from his forehead. "I told you last time to stop butting in," he added bitingly and slowly straightened up. I snorted softly.

"Yes, but I also told you last time not to mess with Park Jinyoung's clique. Did you listen to me? No, so why should I listen to you?" I countered harshly, but he wasn't intimidated by my tone.

"And let them bully me?" I raised my eyebrows meaningfully at his statement. But he wasn't wrong.

Park Jinyoung's favorite activity was to tease any silent classmate who had nothing to do with him. Plus points were awarded if the person was a nerd. Unfortunately, Felix was the perfect victim.

But the difference was that he didn't put up with the teasing. Still, Jinyoung saw it as a new challenge to threaten him even more until Felix will gave up. It was as if he was trying to gain personal status or something, really childish.

I continued to lean against the wall and watched him shoulder his soaked backpack from the snowy ground. I'm sure his books and worksheets were wet, but he didn't seem to care. Or he was just trying to make it look that way.

Compared to him, my backpack was at university because I didn't think much of studying.

"Anyway, don't involve yourself in my business anymore, alright?" Felix hissed sternly. "Why? Are you worried about me?" I grinned mischievously and put on my familiar charming look that should make anyone chuckle.

But it never worked with Felix. He always just looked at me with pinched lips and tired eyes. Sometimes his features showed genuine emotion, but it was more of an annoyed expression.

"I don't want to be the one to blame for others getting hurt because of me," Felix replied, rolling his eyes. That gave me a boost of self-confidence, even if it wasn't a compliment. Funnily enough, it also made me happy because it was the nicest thing I'd heard from him so far.