Yungi - Confession

Storyline: Yunho asks Mingi if he could help him to confess to his crush.

TW: none

Words: 3199

Author: Enyra

----- ୨୧ -----

POV Mingi:

"Hey, Mingi?" "Yeah?" "How do you confess to someone?"

There they were. Those six words, I was afraid of during the whole last month. I lifted my head from my phone and looked over to Yunho, who sat on the opposite side of the couch. We were already finished with homework and all that stuff, and just relaxed a bit in the living room.

"I don't know, I never did. Why do you ask?", I answered, trying to suppress my shaky voice. "I finally want to ask out my crush", Yunho stated. My last hope was destroyed by those words and I realised, that my biggest fear came true.

For the last month, Yunho went on and on about that crush of his. He told me a lot about him, not about his appearance though. But I know, that he goes to the same high school as us, and is really kind, loving and funny. It seems, that he is just perfect.

I don't know his name, or how he looks and maybe it's better if it stays this way. I know, I should be supportive of my best friend, but it's really hard when he comes to me, telling me all these things about his crush, not knowing, that every word and every sentence breaks my heart just a little more.

"Well, I have no experience with such things, so I can't help you", I stated and looked at my phone again, trying to distract myself a little. "Oh come on, please?" I could already hear his pout and his puppy eyes out of his voice.

I wanted to look up but kept my gaze down. I knew, I couldn't say no, if I would look in those eyes. "No", I just said. "Pretty Please?", he begged further, coming closer to me, so that I could see his face, even if I tried not to.

I groaned, knowing that I just lost the fight and would probably regret it. "Okay", I just said. "Yay! Thank you, you're the best!", he exclaimed while giving me a big hug.

"Can we please start making a plan?", he asked after a little while. I decided, that it would be better if we just get over with the fastest way possible and nodded. Yunho let go of me and went to his room. A short time later, he came back with a small notebook and a pen. He sat on the sofa again and opened his notebook, ready to write something down. "Do you already have some ideas?", I asked. He shook his head. "I don't know. Do you?" I also shook my head. "I told you, I'm not that big of a help."

I took my phone again and went to Google to search for ideas. "Maybe you can take him to the cinema and ask him afterwards?", I suggested. "Meh, that's basic", he said so I scrolled further. "You can give him an anonymous letter", I read from a Pinterest post. "It isn't really a confession when it is anonymous. But I'll write it down."

Yunho now also started to search on his phone for ideas. "On the Ferris wheel?", I asked. "That's classic and romantic, I like it", said Yunho and wrote it down in his little book.

"Do you think, he'll like a picnic?", asked Yunho. I shrugged. "I don't know, who your crush is, so I don't know." "I think, he'll like it", he muttered while writing it down.

After a few more minutes, he had a lot of ideas written down. Now he had to choose from these possibilities.

"I can't decide!", he groaned and closed his notebook in annoyance. "I can't help you with that. That's something that you have to decide", I explained. He went silent for a minute.