Ep. 2.2

━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━

Gayoung had made her final opinion about Ji-Ah that day. The two would never be able to get along. Ji-Ah was much too nosey, wanted to ask too many questions about their world, and didn't know how to take a hint. Gayoung decided that if Yeon should ever ask her help again in relation to Ji-Ah and her missing parents, she would start an official debt between them.

"This is where we part ways. I hope that we never meet again," Yeon told Ji-Ah.

Gayoung and him stood side by side, but arm-length apart. He could tell Gayoung wanted nothing to do with the human and knew it was time they parted as well. He also wasn't a fan of Ji-Ah but needed to repay his debt to her, or else she'd bother him even more.

"What? You're just leaving me with the fact that my parents are alive somewhere?" Ji-Ah asked.

Yeon let out a sigh of irritation. "A. I'm a busy man. B. The woman next to me hates you, and the longer she's around you, the more she wants to kill you. C. We may be currently living in the same world, but there's a big difference between where we come from," he told her. Gayoung sarcastically held her hand up for a wave, making Ji-Ah turn back to Yeon desperately.

"I know that, but—,"

"Those who got a peak at our world... ended up going crazy or dying young," Yeon cut her off.

"Enough," Gayoung announced. "You paid your debt back to her, so let's just get going."

Yeon stared at her, unsure what to think about this cold and merciless side of her, and walked over to follow her. Ji-Ah ran in front of the two, looking back and forth between them, and turned her focus onto Gayoung, who clenched her jaw as she stared at the human.

"I don't care what the risks are, and I'll stay out of the way. Just don't make him disappear," Ji-Ah pleaded with the brunette woman.

Gayoung said nothing as her ear twitched at hearing a phone go off. "Answer your phone first. It's annoying," She told her, turning her head away from the two.

"Don't you think Yeomna or Themis won't tell you off for being so cold to someone in need?" Yeon asked her, leaning in so Ji-Ah wouldn't overhear.

"She's human. I don't protect humans unless it's from a natural disaster," She quickly answered. "Finding missing parents isn't a natural disaster. I'd be essentially doing overtime for no pay."

"What a tragedy that would be," Yeon sarcastically quipped. His mouth twitched into a smile as she quickly turned back and glared him down.

"You little-,"

"My coworker's mother just passed away," Ji-Ah announced, unknowingly cutting Gayoung off. "She had a dream about losing a tooth last night."

Now Gayoung was slightly interested. Such things weren't a coincidence in their world.