Ep. 7

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

"The Trap of Samsara"

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

It's dark

It's dark. Dark with touches of baby blue.

This isn't her penthouse. It's too... unsettling to be her penthouse. It feels like she's walking on an unstable, tight rope where one strong enough breeze could push her over and send her flying to the ground. And something told her that she wouldn't land on her feet this time.

Feeling a presence in front of her, Gayoung looked up and was surprised to see a child with their back to her. She felt exposed. This was just some child, and yet she felt she was carrying a target on her body, and yes, she was wearing pajamas, so one would think it was because of that, but that became pointless when she was covered from her neck down to her slipper-covered feet, which wasn't a feeling she felt in a long time.

The child suddenly turned around, staring her down and looking at her coldly.

"Hi." The child greeted her shortly.

Despite him having done nothing to her, Gayoung felt panic envelope her very being while under his gaze.

And that panic was what woke her up. Or more specifically, her fear and distress woke up Judgment, the semi-sentient being using its powers to wake her up and send the nightmares away. Gayoung shot up in her bed, clutching her shirt where her racing heart was, panting even though she had nothing to warrant panting, and feeling sweat roll down her face.

Who the hell was that boy? Why did she have that nightmare in the first place? What significance was it even supposed to have?

"Too many questions with no answers," Gayoung muttered to herself before looking over at her weapon in its naginata form leaning on the wall next to her bed. "You saved me again. Thank you."

A series of whines from it roughly translated to gratitude. Gayoung let out a sigh, fell back on her pillows, and stared up at the ceiling.

A sadly familiar head of red hair and a decently attractive face flashed in front of her eyes. Gayoung let out a groan, taking one of her pillows and covered her face with it to muffle her noises.

Why was she even thinking about Yeon now? What was he doing now since she left him on the street with that cryptic and almost flirtatious ending? Why did she even say those things?