Ep 6.2

╭──────────.★..─╮
"Four Pillars of Destiny"
╰────..★.──────────╯

          "Gayoung, you need to put a stop to all this

"Gayoung, you need to put a stop to all this. Yeon is fighting all these beings by himself." Ji-Ah basically pleaded, to an unmoving Gayoung.

The Haetae was watching her ex fight against the hoard of disguised soldiers with the knowledge and precision of an experienced fighter. She doubted that any of these foot soldiers would actually be able to hurt Yeon, not while she was watching him and Ji-Ah was sitting next to her, so Ji-Ah's concerns were akin to screeches in her ear.

"You're the only weakling here, Ji-Ah. Keep your feelings out of this and let whatever happens to Yeon happen." Gayoung said, her eyes not moving away from Yeon's figure.

The Governor looked over at the Haetae woman, having no choice but to follow her every order seeing as she outranked him, before looking back at the fight. He could tell that there was more between the two then what meets the eye but couldn't ask seeing as how it wasn't his place to poke and prod. He too doubted that any of his soldiers would be able to stop Yeon, especially not when he was being particularly furious today, but his spark of anger at the thought of his sister being killed by Yeon's hands overshadowed that doubt.

Ji-Ah pressed her lips together as she tried to contain her complaints before looking back over at the fight with a heavy weight in her chest. Gayoung glanced over at her, a barely noticeable frown adorning her face now, before looking back at Yeon. He was fighting back particularly harsh...

Was it because he was trying a point to her?

Was it... because he wanted to return to Ji-Ah's side already?

Gayoung looked away from Ji-Ah and at her hand that was still holding onto her transforming weapon. Although she hadn't worn her engagement ring in centuries, any tan line she had was long gone, she could still imagine herself wearing the silver band with an opal stone in the center. She took in a deep breath as the memories of the past she'd rather keep buried surfaced again.

┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧

It was a sunny day. Clear sky's, the summer heat hadn't reached the supernatural filled village yet, and the muffled excited chatter of all the guests sounded like they were in the next room over.

Past Gayoung was taking deep breaths as she stared at her reflection in the mirror as her bridesmaids rushed around to make sure she was ready to walk down the aisle. Her insides felt like they were full of bees as the fact that soon she was going to be married to Yeon, the Gumiho who filled up her every thought and took up ownership of her heart, in front of all of those she cared for was now a reality and not something she was working to create for months.