Ep. 4.3

╔═══════.✾. ══════════╗

The Calm before the Storm

╚══════════.✾. ═══════╝

          Gayoung hid herself away in her penthouse after leaving Yeon for his phone call with Ji-Ah

Gayoung hid herself away in her penthouse after leaving Yeon for his phone call with Ji-Ah. Rang and Yuri left shortly after she did, according to Rang's rushed post-it note that he put on her front door. She skimmed the short note, huffing to herself, peeling it off her door, and pocketing it before unlocking her door.

She had been planning to face-plant into her pillows, covering her head with her blankets, and sleep off the booze, shame, and depression until morning came, when she could drown herself in work to distract herself. As she was about to drift off to dreamland, she got a text message from Yeomna, which was unusual since he and Themis normally left her nights alone. She checked to see what he wanted and then regretted it when she saw it was about Yeon.

Yeomna tried too hard to fit in with the new generation at times. He meant well but every time she read his text messages she felt like burying her head in sand just to avoid the fact that she knew him. The texts were nothing more than she expected. Yeon would be trapped in a mortal's body, locked away at the snow prison, being tortured for a week with no communication to the outside world or with a way out.

'A week? Hardly matters when we went six centuries without speaking to each other.' Gayoung thought, putting her phone back down.

Yeomna's eccentric attitude hardly affected her anymore. She let out a long sigh as she put her head back down on her pillow, dozing off for what must have been thirty seconds before her phone went off again, making her almost throw her phone out the window. She checked her phone again and raised an eyebrow, seeing it was a message from Rang.

He was drunk. The slew of improper spelling and grammar, the sudden addition of a wave of emoticons to every text he sent her, him suddenly using the voice message function to his phone were all worrying sights. She quickly skimmed his texts, the quick to worry side of her looking for any sign of immediate concern to him, finding it was a mix of his latest complaints about his older brother and the mortal woman he and Gayoung seemed to hate equally.

'You make no sense, Rang. You hate this mortal woman, to me you're saying she's basically the devil incarnate, but to her and Yeon you're basically playing matchmaker. What are you doing?'

She didn't have much longer to be concerned as she finally made out the section of his texts telling her about his most recent plan of how he was going to get rid of Ji-ah for good. She quickly sprung into action while mentally cursing out Rang for being so quickly swayed by his emotions that he couldn't stop and think for just a moment or two.