Ep 3

TW : Cannibalism, Killing, Graphic Imagery

✧༺✦✮✦༻∞  ∞༺✦✮✦༻✧

Gayoung was beginning to think the island was genuinely cursed with bad luck

Gayoung was beginning to think the island was genuinely cursed with bad luck. As she stared down at the now dead body of one of the elder man she couldn't help but remember that he was alive yesterday. In fact, if she remembered right, this was one of the men she tried to interview but had run away from her.

"Being at sea wasn't enough and he drowned himself to death," The store owner told the three.

Gayoung raised an eyebrow at his words as she looked over at the dirty, scuffed up toilet. Yeon curled his lip, his germaphobia peeking through, visibly disgusted at the idea. Ji-ah was the only one who didn't appear bothered by the information and only had more questions on her mind.

"He drowned?" Ji-ah asked for clarification. "In that toilet?"

"I fished his head out myself," The man told her. He then looked over at Gayoung and Yeon who who lingering in the doorway. "Ah, may I ask who are you?"

"They're with me. My assistants," Ji-Ah quickly answered. "Please call the police, Captain, and close off this restroom."

"I can smell how much this place has been used," Gayoung muttered, turning her head away from the restroom. She held a hand up to her nose and mouth to block out the smells.

"I can feel it. It's disgusting," Yeon muttered in agreement, letting out a shiver. "How much longer do you think she'll be?"

"Hard to say. Where I would only ask three questions, she asks ten. And most of them are just to repeat whatever she just heard," Gayoung said, still covering her nose and mouth. "I'm just waiting for her to realize that this man was on The Galaxy with Pyung Hee's father."

Yeon turned his head to her, realizing what she was implying, and frowned at the idea.

"You think this is targeted," He said.

"If it was my dad, no matter the circumstances, I'd be mad that he was the only one who didn't come back," Gayoung continued, feeling a twinge of sympathy for the late father and his now orphan daughter. "Pyung Hee lost her father and it seems everyone on the island wants to cover it up. She doesn't even have all of him for a burial. I'd say her anger is more than justified, although I obviously can't condone her actions. No one has appointed her judge, jury and executioner."

Yeon fell silent as he stared at the side of Gayoung's face with admiration. To both feel empathy but also having to be true to her life's purpose was difficult for everyone and yet, here she was, continuing on despite how difficult this must be for her. It was times like this that Yeon felt inadequate in comparison to her, that her maturity went beyond her age, and that despite being older her by centuries it felt that she was the wiser one between them.