Sunday

"LARRY WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!?!?" I wake up to someone screaming at someone else. I rub my eye, and walk out of Larry's room. Nobody else was in there. I see everyone in the kitchen, Lisa included. 

"What?" Larry looks around, then sees the flour all over the kitchen. "Oh."

Lisa glares at her childish son and shakes her head. "You're cleaning this all up. Or I'll take that pack of cigarettes away that I know where you hid." 

Larry quickly nods. "I'll clean it! My friends can help!" 

Lisa laughs. "They can watch!"

 I yawn and finally make it over to the kitchen, even though it was only a few feet away from Larry's room. 

"Look who's finally awake! I was about to pour water on your head." Larry shrugs, and pours water out of a cup. 

I comb a hand through my hair, which doesn't make it very far.

"Can I put your hair into a bun?" Ash smiles, and turns to look at me. 

I yawn again, slowly nodding. "Mhm.. My hair is probably nasty though."

Ash shrugs it off and walks over to the living room. Neil and Todd were already seated there after the Larry issue was solved. She sits down and points at the floor for me to sit at. Ash takes a hair tie off of her wrist and looks over at Todd and Neil. 

"Should I do a messy bun, or a formal looking one?"

Todd and Neil look at each other, and both answer at the same time. "Messy?"

Ash laughs and puts my hair up into a messy bun. 

"You should style your hair more!" Ash says, admiring my hair in a bun. I scootch up to sit on the couch and I gently touch the bun.

"I'm too lazy to do anything with my hair other than put it into pigtails."

Neil elbows me in the side. "A messy bun takes less time than 2 ponytails on the side of your head."

"Shut up."

We all laugh as we hear Larry groan from the kitchen. "I seriously don't remember making such a mess with flour. I was just trying to cook everyone some amazing Larry breakfast!" 

I let out a laugh. "Larry, no offense, but I've had your breakfast before, and it was horrible."

Larry lets out a dramatic gasp. "I worked hard on that food! And offense is taken!" 

"I wouldn't want to try your food anyways; I believe Sal when he says it was horrible." Ash grins. 

"How about we have a cooking competition!" 

"No. You already made a mess and now Lisa probably won't let anyone but herself in the kitchen." Ash rolls her eyes.

"I hate you guys."

Todd pushes his glasses up and continues to look at the tv. "We hate you too, Larbear!" 

We all start laughing and Larry throws a small tantrum. "You guys are so mean to me!" 

~~~

I stare at the wall, while Larry was outside smoking. Everyone else left a few hours ago, and I decided to stay down here again, since supposedly my dad was going to be home tonight. He texted me a few hours ago, saying he would be home around 9, and it's now 10, but he didn't text me saying he was home, so I don't fucking know. I literally froze when I realized my mind drifted elsewhere. I wanted to think about if my dad was home or not, but he was just, there. His blonde hair, dark skin, brown eyes, that unnatural purple sweater he always wears with shorts. Then it hit me, like when the bullets of a shotgun hit me, that I liked him. 

"Holy shit?" I let out a quiet gasp. I didn't even realize Larry was back inside. 

"You good, bro?" Larry cocked his head and walked over to me. 

I stared up at him, trying not to accept what I just realized. "How do you know when you like someone."

"Uhm- Well, for me, I constantly think about them, how they're doing, what class they're in, what they're doing after school, you know? But my mood also brightens around them, and I can't help but smile when they're around. And my face gets heated, and I have butterflies in my stomach when they're around." 

I cover my face and shake my head in my hands. "No. No, no, no. No."

Larry sits down next to me on his bed. "Are you okay?"

"I like someone."

Larry raises a brow and lets out an awkward laugh. "Okay? Why are you saying it like that?"

"It's someone that isn't very, good."

Larry looks at me, totally confused. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Once you get it, you get it." 

~~~

I ended up going back up to my apartment, one, to check if my dad was home or not, and two, because Larry wouldn't stop giving me a weird look. I walked into the apartment, and sure enough, he was home. He was staring at me.

"Yeah?" His expression made me uncomfortable.

"I told you I was coming home, where were you?"

I look at him oddly, I knew he has probably been drinking, but this was kind of, odd. "I was at Larry's like I usually am?"

He gets up, bottle in his hand. Something about this made me uncomfortable. I backed away from him, and he continues to walk towards me. 

"Why..."

"Why what?" I asked, still backing away from him. 

"Why, why couldn't it have been you, instead of her?" 

I instantly knew who he was talking about. Mother. "Dad, how drunk are you?' I say, trying to calm down the situation. I can tell he's starting to get pissed. His eyes were covered in an anger I haven't seen in a while. An anger I wished I would never see again.

"Don't fucking talk to me like you care! You're the reason she's dead!" 

I know that he's drunk, and he's so drunk that he won't remember this in the morning, but it still hurts. I know that he never truly means it. Or at least I tell myself that. I was too busy in my own thoughts to see him raise his arm up and let go of the beer bottle in his hand.

I barely duck in time. The half empty bottle breaks against the wall behind me. "What the fuck dad?! You said you were getting better!" Tears formed in my eyes, daring to fall.

"I would be a hell a lot better if you would've died instead." He looks at me once more then walks into his own room. Gizmo was nowhere in sight; he was probably hiding under my bed. I walk into my room and slide down the wall. He hasn't done that in forever. I didn't even realize tears were falling down my face.