XVIII - Picnic

"Hyung you called"

I turn around to find yeonjun at the doorframe peeking inside .

"Come in , sit here" I told him while pointing at the couch .

When he sat there I went to my table and picked up some documents and handed them to him .

"What are these ?" He asks and flips the file open .

"Mrs.Min Ae Ri ?" He asks with a expression I couldn't quite identify .

"I-isn't she y/n's m-mother ?" He stuttered .

"Yes she is and why are you stuttering ?" I ask and he shakes his head .

"What's wrong ?" He asks .

"I found out something" i said and told him to flip to the other page .

"She was overseas for 1 year when y/n was 2"

"She worked in an embassy"

"Yeonjun this doesnt make sense , she got a job in the embassy in the starting of this year , and this is a embassy we are talking about , it pays well so why would she leave it and then comeback to korea after working there for only 1 year and then steps in as a real estate agent , And leaving your child when's she's only 2 , that's quite strange for a mother to do when all that the child needs is her help growing up , until and unless she didn't love the kid and doesn't care . Now here's my theory , this woman pays 200K to a unfamiliar man , who we can't identify , I don't know why , both Jay and yoongi hyung tried they couldn't find his identity , my theory is she had an affair with another man , and she probably payed this unfamiliar man to kill her first husband aka y/ns father"

"She is not even related to any work we do why are we interfering? Hyung you don't interfere , YOU don't interfere"

"She made her daughter's life a living hell , now it's my turn to make hers"

"Hyung y/n noona is over it and she doesn't even care , how about we too don't care ?"

"Oh I am not starting this plan right now . It's for later . When I get to know about their family shit , FROM y/n herself" I said emphasizing on from .

I take the documents back from yeonjun and keep them back on the desk .

"For now , we are going on a mission tomorrow , source told me someone is trying to break in our warehouse . Stupid people" I say going back to my table to close the laptop .

"What if it's a trap? Jungkook hyung-I mean jungkook tried kidnapping y/n too , what if it's a trap he layed so that no one's here and he can kidnap her ?" Yeonjun asked and I smiled "This is why you're my best man . I figured it out too , we are calling for backup , they'll be here today , the backup , you , jimin and jay will come with me the other main men will stay here with 10% of the backup" I say and he nods .

"You can leave" I say and he gets up to leave , but before he left I reminded him something "I don't like betrayers yeonjun , you know it better than anyone else . Try not to fall in love with her , I know she's easy to lo-"

"Don't worry hyung , she's like a older sister I never had . Falling in love is hard"

"Its hard not impossible . This is why I am warning you"

"So many years of being your partner in crime you should know how hard is hard for me" he says and I chuckled .

"True . Get her to come out . I'll wait for her outside" I say and he nods as he walked out .

Yeontan comes and licks my feet . I bend over and take him in my arms .

"You like mommy ?" I ask and he licks my face .