CHAPTER ³⁰

_______________MASKED PAIN||________________
________________CHAPTER 31___________________

ARIANA'S POV

After the what happened at the cafeteria, I kept worrying about Eva. She was supposed to defend herself, she told me to learn that. I thought she'd be a master at that. She only sat quietly and let those assholes humiliate her. What I saw on the group chats angered me even more, but I knew that it was best to be quiet. In Mellow High if you can't follow the crowd, it's best to act oblivious to everything.

Melanie called later in the evening and we spoke about it. She was also angry about what was going on. We both decided that we'd speak to Eva about what Palome said to her. There had to be a good reason she sat quiet while she acted trashy right in her face.

The next day wasn't much of a hassle, we got to school in time for class. I was bumped because Melanie and I wouldn't have any classes together until after recess. I didn't get to school early enough to see her before she went to class. I was relieved though because I had Carver. I smiled in hopes of seeing him in class but he wasn't in school either. Cole was absent, if only I had a bigger crew of friends.

The first class was almost over, I rolled the sleeve of my denim jacket to check the time as I kept stealing glances at the door. Eva wasn't in school yet. Though I doubted that I would be able to come to school anymore if I were her. Although, Selena didn't say a word to me, and focused on the class.

The first class was finally over. I heaved a sigh before darting out of class. I at least wanted to see someone that I knew. I was able to catch up to Melanie before she entered her class.

"Don't tell me you're just getting to school?" She asked.

"Heh... I got to school in time for first period though.." I told her.

"I see, but you were late."

"Yeah, yeah." I rolled my eyes.

"So what brings you to see the great Melanie." She smirked.

"Excuse me. You're in my way." A girl from her class said.

"We're so sorry." Melanie pulled me aside. "You don't always have to say sorry Ariana, you could have just left the way."

"Well..."

"I have five minutes before my substitute teacher's here, and I'm sure you've got maths or something. What's wrong?"

"Well, Carver's not yet in school."

"Humph! You two should be called the tardy laddies. He's probably in school already, and if he doesn't come today we can always go and check on him. You guys never take punctuality serious.  I keep telling you guys...."

"Early to start, early to success. Yeah,yeah, I know that. The only reason I'm always late is  because of my sisters." I defended myself.

"Well become brazen and charge them into the spirit of punctuality." She told me.

"You think it's that ea..."

"Here my teacher comes, au revoir amigo( good bye, friend)." She cut me in.

"Sayonara(good bye)." I went back to my class, our math teacher was always late to class and that was the only thing that made me relived.

The second class was over and he didn't show up. I decided to keep him out of my mind, but my curiosity wouldn't let me. Cole had been missing classes too lately, I was worried about him as well. I wanted to ask Nicole what was up with him because I was sure soccer couldn't be the only thing taking his time, but she was too much of a nut job.