Chapter 33

. ❛ ᴗ ❛.❛ ᴗ ❛. ❛ ᴗ ❛.❛ ᴗ CHAPTER 33. ❛ ᴗ ❛.❛ ᴗ ❛. ❛ ᴗ ❛.❛
. ❛ ᴗ ❛.❛ ᴗ ❛. ❛ ᴗ ❛.❛ ᴗ ACE IT (2). ❛ ᴗ ❛.❛ ᴗ ❛. ❛ ᴗ ❛. ❛ ᴗ

Carver's pov
_____
Songs for the chapter.
*Camilla Cabello- Million to one.
*Skylar Grey ft Polo G- Last one standing.
*Eminem- Not Afraid.
_____

The coach blew the whistle.

"That's my cue." I told them.

"Show them what you've got." Tony admonished me.  Walking  back to the field, where most of those competing for the spots to be field had already assembled I tried to pay attention to what I had to do and ignored the nervous energy coursing through my body. I looked at my opponents. There were a few sturdy ones, some flabby ones and the others were about the same size as I was.

The sizes don't matter. Skills do. I tried to keep up a good poise, I didn't want to look weak. Being focused and looking confident was something coaches looked for in players, well that was something told me.

"I'm glad you kids came to try out today. I hope it's worth while for you all. I'm not going easy on any of you so brace yourselves to get drilled, hardcore style." Coach Blakey addressed us.

"Yes coach!" We replied simultaneously.

I had already prepared myself, and watched some soccer moves online apart from the ones Tony taught me. If Coach Blakey wanted 1on 1 defending, 8 on 8 game, agility tests, crossing and finishing, four in and four out, four line finishing, passing and attack and defending skills. I had a handful of skills to display.

Months and years after not getting over my parents death I went to the field to play soccer on my own until I had to bring myself to come to terms with everything I had absolutely lost, I spent my free time on fields feeling it'd connect me to my father somehow.

I breathe in and out. It was time.

"First off all I want you all to line up and run around the field thrice." The Coach commanded, and we did as told. Mellow highs field was large. Well, the school didn't have it's prestigious reputation for no reason. Its facilities boosted it's name and the glory that shone upon it. After running for a while we were told to stop by the sound of the whistle.

We headed to another side of the field and were told to do a drill with two balls moving between traffic tones.

"Piece of cake."Sam said grimly. It was indeed a piece of cake for him, he got past each cone without a single flop. It wasn't something hard for me too as I went past the cones speedily with the balls. There were a few who fell or couldn't keep up at all, and kept stopping in between like a few times.

"Looks like we've got lil pros here." Cole said to the Coach.

"Sure, we do. I'd like to see how they cope with the rest of the tests." Coach replied him. Cole said he'd get out of detention and he did. I don't think he went for it at all. He looked all firm in his jersey, and he was pretty muscular too. He caught me staring at him, and waved. I looked away fast I wanted to wave back but I felt it was too late for that. I should have done that before looking away.

Next we were tasked with dribbling and passing. Players from the soccer team were tasked to be our opponents. I had some issues getting the ball past my opponent, but it was just like dealing with those cones. It was like an intro to passing and dribbling.

"Nice mate." My opponent said to me, he was a British foreign exchange student.

"Thanks."

"Mxm" Someone clicked his tongue looking at me. The coach had tested part of our agility.