Chapter 19: Gala Night

Sorry for the wait. Enjoy though!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Three months of hard preparation, Smart and Fit finally got the chance to host their annual staff fundraising gala. Renee was actually the one to come up with the idea of celebrating their employees because they worked very hard enriching the lives of so many children in Gwinnett and Fulton counties.

The girls were at the hall setting up early, to make sure that everything was going well with the event planner and also with last minute details. Although, S and F was co-owned by Sierra, she was letting Renee and Kelsey and others run the show for this year. In past years, she was always on stage helping out with auctions and etc. but this year she wanted to let everyone else get the chance. Also because her family was coming, as in her parents and Kenneth.

Of course her friends kept nagging her about whether or not he would be attending with her as a date. The funny thing was either way he would seem like a date because he would still be with her the and he would still be the first person she'd rather come to the event. However, he wasn't allowed to do his boyfriend things he would in public or at home.

"Is he coming?" Renee whispered asked as they entered the building. There were a few early people inside but many people were beginning to show up. The gala was housed at a country club which had a beautiful hall that could seat about 600 people. As you walked through the front doors there sat a plush circle couch with one of the largest and shiniest chandeliers any of the girls had seen.

That rich people life.

The hall itself had numbered tables on opposite sides of the large dance floor. The floor was used for many other things rather than dancing like, socializing with other sponsors or whoever people wanted to converse with. Because The owners were black, they refused to have only boring jazz music to dance to. This particular gala was a party. A party that celebrated the workers but also a way to get more funding to enhance the centers programs.

"Yes, he's coming. He's just coming as my plus one." Sierra clarified as they walked into their private staff room on the side of the hall. Kelsey was already there organizing important documents regarding the auctions when the two came in.

"Aww, Kels you look so pretty!" Sierra awed at her friend and went over for a hug. Kelsey was wearing a royal blue chiffon dress with pearl accessories.

"Thanks Hun. I sure did clean up from earlier today." She smiled and hugged Renee too.

"We all did. I looked like a hot mess earlier." Renee replied.

"Yeah, you did." Sierra chuckled to herself.

"I didn't say you could agree with me." Renee hissed, making Kelsey laugh at her too. She literally was wearing a baggy white shirt with mom jeans and flip flops earlier. She may have thought it looked cute but she still looked a little wacky. Especially how she tried to make her hair tie into a hair band.

"Anyways, your cousin Kenny is coming tonight as Sisi's date." She continued.

"Plus one."

"Does it matter."

"Not with you." Sierra sighed.

"What's the big deal. I mean he is her boyfriend." Kelsey added, adjusting in her seat to look at them.

"Am I the only one that finds this weird or too soon?" She asked sitting beside Sierra.

"No, not anymore. They been dating for a while now." Kelsey retorted, every once in a while Renee would have something iffy to say about Sierra's relationship.