Chapter 25: Worthy

All morning, Sierra was in a sour mood. The conversation she had with her mother kept replaying in her and was driving her crazy. How could someone give birth to you and not care about your life and the decisions you want to make for yourself? After pouring her heart out to her mom and telling her how she really felt, Sierra had thought that maybe her mom would understand but she didn't. Times like this was when Sierra really missed her father. He was her rock. He was the one she could talk to about anything, even if it was too embarrassing to really talk about with her dad.

Almost on the spot, Sierra started to cry. She usually was a strong person and didn't let people see her break down in tears but anytime she missed her dad this was what happened.

"Sierra, you alright there?" Kenneth asked as he walked into the living room.

She lifted her head to look at him and put her head back down covering her face.

"I miss my daddy. Times like this he would have the right things to say to make me feel better. My mom is just so ughhhh." Kenneth sat beside her and wrapped his arms around her. While he smoothed her hair natural hair down. However, abruptly she stood up and shook her head.

"I can't believe this though? See this is why we shouldn't have started this in the first place. Now she hates me even more than when dad was around."

"So what are you saying?" He crossed her arms staring straight to her eyes.

"I'm not saying anything?" She squinted and pouted at him.

"Really because I feel like your saying that everything we've shared together was just a mistake. I've told you a billion times that I'm not gonna let them determine our relationship. But I guess now you're letting your mother get to you and let her tell you how to feel and what to do?"

"Ken you know that's ridiculous and that's definitely not what I'm saying. "

"It doesn't matter," He stood up "When you're ready to grow up and use your better judgement call me."

"When I grow up? Are you kidding me. Kenneth don't walk away from me." She shouted out to him.

"Well quite frankly Sierra, I'm allowed to do whatever the hell I want to do, unlike my girlfriend here who can't make up her mind and see that I don't care what people say anymore." He walked to the door unlocking it.

"Kenneth you're being irrational, I don't care either but then let me Re-explain then."

"There's nothing to be explained I see the full picture." He opened the door and exited without saying another word.

Her mouth was left agape, confused by not finding the words to muster what just happened "Errr you." She threw her arm towards the door and crossed her arms.

After taking several deep breaths and wiping tears from her face, Sierra called Renee complaining about what happened the night before and just now. She knew that Kenneth ignoring her like that wasn't going to last long but he was being ridiculous. Why is it that when you accidentally say something out of "proportion" the other person never allows you to explain, like they know it all? But in reality you're just running away from having a conversation that needs to be spoken.

Renee answered the phone, "Hey girl!"

"Renee are you busy?" She whined.

"Uh kinda but are you okay?"

"No not really. Last night we got- Renee are you moaning?"

"What no!" She answer sarcastically. Actually her boyfriend was going down on her yet she still answered the phone against his pleading. So he figured he'd just punish her to get her off the phone.