Chapter 14: Meema and Grandpa

I'm sorry I haven't updated in almost a whole month. I've been a mixture of busy with school and with a serious case of writers block.

But enjoy, these grandparents are something else.
________________________

Kenneth pulled up to Sierra's grandmothers house in Atlanta, stopping the car looking like a deer in head lights.

"Baby, what's the matter?"

"I'm nervous that's all. I didn't really talk to her yesterday." Kenneth unbuckled his seat belt and wiped his sweaty hands on his pants.

Sierra placed her hands on his and looked into his eyes, with laughter in hers.

"My Kenneth, there is nothing to be nervous about. Other than the fact that my grandma just speaks without thinking or considering other peoples feelings. She's a sweetheart and she already likes you because I like you and you're pretty hot, so everything's okay." She grinned, laughing at his unamused expression.

Kenneth was about to add something else but he figured that there was no point in arguing further.

"Can we just go and get this over with, because she tends to talk a lot, even grandpa."

Kenneth nodded and quickly moved from his seat to open her door. She almost forgot that she brought Benji with them, so he couldn't be alone on his first night home. Her grandparents had a dog named, Ladi, whom was a Boxer/ pit bull mix who was getting old but she was the nicest and sweetest guard she knew. Hopefully, her little Benji would get used to her quickly, same thing for her.

On a different note, Sierra rang the doorbell and noticed Kenneth tensing again.

"Ken?"

"What? This is like meeting the parents for the first time. Do you know how this is a big deal since she's fam-". Sierra hastly kissed him getting him to shutup, while holding Benji in her arms.

"Okay, nice to see you too, lovebirds." Meema said as she watched them kiss.

"Oh, hi Meema!" Sierra said feeling a little embarrassed.

"Hello kids, please come in." Meema beckoned doing a double take at the little puppy in her arms. She just shrugged it off and took them over to her medium sized kitchen, which was neatly organized with a full meal.

"Oh yeah, Meema, Kenneth got me a puppy and I didn't want to leave him alone at home, so I was wondering if little Benji could hang out with Ladi?'

"Oh honey, you didn't have to ask, after you already brought the little cutie. She's actually in the living room now on her bed." She answered sweetly yet still with a hint of sass.

"Oh, my baby!! Her grandfather called out to Sierra, who quickly gave Benji to Kenneth because she knew that he would make their hug super long. Her grandpa came over to her and gave her a tight hug, which ultimately turned into a little dance. Sierra giggled uncontrolably at her grandfather's favorite greeting.

Grandpa then switched from playful to serious. He held out his hand for a handshake.

"Young man. I'm Wesley or you could just call me Grandpa too. And who's this?."

Kenneth chuckled nodding his head, "His name is Benji and it's good to officially meet you Grandpa, I'm Kenneth."

"Okay, that's enough of all the formalities, I made y'all some food, so I hope you came hungry." Meema said gesturing to her food as if it was the most beautiful thing in the world.

Sierra quickly got Benji from Kenneth and prayed to God, that he wouldn't make a mess in the house since they didn't bring anything.

When she came back Meema, took no time in starting up a conversation, mostly because she was trying to cut the men off from talking about football. Sierra and Kenneth both washed their hands and sat at the kitchen dining table and listen to her grandparents bickering.