Chapter 27: Is Blood Thicker Than Water?

Kenneth

Now that Sierra and I had finally hashed out our thoughts about everything and we're talking again, there are just a few things that I needed to get done. Early this morning I took her to her father's grave and it was the most heart-wrenching thing I've ever seen. Even though I've been the cemeteries before I've never had a reaction like she performed that day. I caressed her back as she cried for her father, times like this really make me wish I could've met him. His blessings would mean so much to me and for us.

After we left the cemetery, I dropped her off at work because she said there were a few things that she needed to do, as do I as well.

The first thing I had to do was to check to see if I had any mail for business reasons at the ranch. I used this address just to be safe since my father previously owned the property. 

I pulled into the driveway and noticed my father's car. I rolled my eyes in annoyance, turned off the engine and walked inside the house. 

My father was pacing in front of the dining room table playing with papers on the table 

"Father," I said dryly, startling him.

"Kenneth, why are you here?" He gasped.

"I came to check and see if I had any mail. The camp is officially opening next week." 

Steven pursed his lips and nodded. I could tell he still had mixed feelings about me taking over our land in this way but honestly, I didn't care. 

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be with Adel comforting her or something? It's her ex-husband death anniversary."

"And why the hell should I care!" He exclaimed rudely.

"Whoa, what's your issue? I really wish you never met her because clearly, you can't even respect her past and Sierra's father." 

"Don't even bring up Sierra's name, I'm still upset that you're still with her, even when we told you guys not to." 

"What the fuck dad. How the hell you expect me to just forget about her and leave. I fucked her too many times to just-"

"Ew please stop that. Just because you want to be so defiant, I'm marrying her mother, whether you like it or not."

I scrunched up my nose and glared at him, something was really off, why was he trying to marry her so quickly? "Why are you trying to marry her so quick, I hope you're not trying to scheme her, that woman deserves so much better than that." I walked to the table where I found a pile of mail on the dining room table.

"Don't tell me what to do, I going to marry her for the reasons that are none of your business." He began to get agitated and walked towards the window. 

I started shuffling through the mail, "That sounds sus as hell but I'm going to marry Sierra too...but only one of us is gonna actually get the woman we want and it WOOON'T... be you?" I slowed my words as I came across a manila envelope the read DNA Diagnostic.

******************

"What the fuck? What's this about?" Kenneth asked standing in place in curiosity. He began to open it regardless if it was confidential information. He read "The probability of paternity is 99.9%?" Steven began running towards him to try and take the papers out of his hand but Kenneth used his strength to keep reading. He checked the date and it looked very recent. 

"YOU HAVE ANOTHER CHILD?" 

"Kenneth, please?" 

"Please? You've been cheating on Adel this whole time too and you have the audacity to act like what I've been doing is so wrong? Now you have another fucking child?...Naw naw naw I'm telling Adel about this secret pathetic life, poor lady thinks you're a saint. Don't you think she's been through enough after her husband died?"