Chapter 26: I'm Back

I'm so sorry, that I've basically fell off of Wattpad. Started classes again and still trying to figure out my schedule and free time. #Collegelife 

Anyways, don't mind me...

________________________________

For an entire week, Kenneth ignored her. At first he did it because he was mad about how she mentioned it and that later made him feel for her but he sure was enjoying her angry yet funny voicemails.

For example: "Look Kenneth, you are not about to ignore all of my calls and think you'll get away with it. I'm sorry but dammit you can be an evil bitch sometimes.' She paused for a second, 'I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that, just call me." Or

"When I see you Kenneth Hugh Myers please prepare yourself for the rapture because this is ridiculous and I need you right now and you keep ignoring. Have a nice day."

By the end of the week, he still didn't call her back because not seeing her for a while allowed him to focus on the camp he was starting and focus on what he was going to do for their next step in their relationship. However, he found it hilarious how bipolar her voicemails were the more time she wasted. He had just finished listening to another one as Marco, sat in front beside him on the porch of his ranch house. Marco was helping organize and finalize things related to the camp making sure Kenneth had everything in order before they opened in the next week.

"So, what else do you want me to do?" Marco asked gulping down a cold bottle of water.

"I need help on finding the most amazing way to propose to Sierra."

Marco smirked surprised but his smirk resolved by appreciation for his fellow brother. "So you are ready to make this official." He stated.

"I am and now that the parents know, although they're not happy about it, I don't want to waste anymore time. I feel like we've been hiding from the world to be ourselves for too long and marrying her is what I need to do. I want this to be more than she would ever expect, she's kinda mad at me for not calling her back but no matter what she says, this will let her know how serious I am about her, whether she's ready for it or not."

Marco sighed and looked up in the air, "Man, I know I'm married and all that but I ain't that creative?... Do you want this to be an open engagement?"

"Yep, I want everyone to know. Not just because of our families but also people who thought our interracial relationship wasn't okay. I've had men and women I work with and were acquainted with whisper off to me questioning why I am with Sierra, so to all of those suckas, they gone deal with me." He added sass like he was gangster.

Marco laughed doing the man handshake as he said, "My nigga!"

"So, any ideas?"

"Well, if you want it to be an open engagement, then we have to think of a good location that's not too obvious, because it's supposed to be a surprise. A good one!" He said looking through his phone.

Kenneth scratched his head and a light bulb when off.

After another 30 minutes of brainstorming, the two figured something out that would be very surprising, but good. Right? He hoped.

After Marco left, Kenneth took a short cold shower and sat on the couch with his towel around his waist, too lazy to get dressed. Within a few minutes of thinking and staring at the wall in front of him he fell asleep.
***
Sierra stomped up the steps of Kenneth's ranch home, furious she didn't think of coming here from the beginning.

She found him laying on his couch tangled under his white towel and a pillow stuck under his arm. He looked so precious laying there with his mouth slightly opened and dried drool on the corner of his mouth. She'd have to wipe that off later.