Chapter 23: Announcement Turned Bad

Sorry for the wait. I hope you find this chapter interesting and please COMMENT and tell me what to think.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Adel's birthday party was hosted at her beloved house, of course. She was turning 44, she had Sierra when she was 18.

The dinner was set up like Christmas dinner but this time all four of them were sitting together along with other family members.

"Sierra, sweetheart don't you have a boyfriend? Fine girl like you and you've been single for way too long." Sierra's Aunt Genevie asked her from across the table.

"Aunt Gen, things get complicated when you start dating people. I just don't want to go dating anybody now."

"Why not? You're not getting any younger." Genevie smirked at her.

"Aunt Gen, I'm only 26."

"So, we need someone to swoop you away." She sing-songed.

"Right but he won't just be some random person. I'm not letting you set me up with anyone 'cause I know you." She pointed at her aunt who was a notorious matchmaker.

"Kenneth, are you dating anyone?" Adel switched the conversation over to him.

"Nope, Still single too." He said looking back at Sierra who started playfully laughing and shaking her head. That was really her way of covering up her lip blip of almost giving herself away by causing suspicion.

"What's wrong with you kids. You both are good looking young adults and you're still single. Geez."

"Well I guess we're both just waiting for the one like you two."

He smiled at her making her blush. Meema smirked and covered her mouth. She apparently found it amusing that they never told the truth.
****
After dinner time, Everyone was gathered to the living room for the big announcement.

"First off, I just want to thank everyone for coming to my birthday party, I really appreciate it. And secondly, we're getting married!" She announced happily grabbing Stevens arms. "I also want to thank everyone in the family for accepting me with welcoming arms and I promise to treat this woman like the queen she is." 

Sierra almost gagged. At that right moment she wanted her dad back.

Everybody mostly awed and congratulated them. The younger ones didn't really care seeing as it was two grown adults with grown kids who were getting married.

Adel first acknowledged their kids and said, "I would like to thank our wonderful kids, I mean young adults for allowing us to be a family and for them two to quickly accept each other as brother and sister. I know you two were both the 'only child'-." Kenneth coughed and glared at his dad while still smiling. Sierra watched the encounter and smirked because she knew why. "But you two have come together as step siblings which is hard for adults to do at your age." Kenneth and Sierra smiled at each other but the neither smile reach their eyes. Meema and Grandpa rolled their eyes and smirked at each other. Her daughter didn't know that her daughter was getting busy with her stepson.

"So with that being said. Eat some more and have fun. The party is really gonna be in the basement. Okay? Ok." She threw her hands up happily.

The family then began to scatter around the house and to the basement where the "real" party was.

Meema spotted Kenneth nursing a beer sitting on the couch just listening to the conversation with Sierra's cousin. She swiftly made her way beside him and starred at him with a bright grin.