Couch

(Nick's POV*)

I look into captain's office to see him at his desk doing paper work. I look over a little more to see Ava laying down, still asleep on the couch. I carried her from Amanda's desk to the couch in Captain's office.

"Hey captain" I whisper as I slowly walk into the room.

"Hey Nick. When Ava wakes up, I want you to talk to her about all this stuff to see if you can find any clues."

"Okay."

"Good." He said as I left the room.

I walked out of the room and started to look at all the pictures on the white board. I wrote underneath all of them who the people are. Then Ava came limping out of the Captain's office.

"Hey Ava." I said as I put the cap back on the marker and sat at my desk. I motioned for her to come and sit next to me.

"Hi." She said as she sat down.

"So do you think you can help us out a little."

"Sure." She said as she stood up and walked over to the white bored. "This is my mom, and this is my dad. And I guess this is my Uncle." She laughed.

I started to laugh too, when her face dropped a little. She stared at the picture of her Mom.

"Ava?" I asked.

"Why did she give me up?" She asked.

"Ava... I don't know. But we will find out. I promise." I said as tear left her eye. I quickly brought her into a hug and then let her go so she could actually help us.

"So, I remember that before I was put up for adoption, I lived on house on a dead end street, and my house was light pink. But that's all remember. Oh and there was an ice cream store on the street over." She said smiling at her memories.

"Good. That was a lot of help. If you remember anything else tell me or anybody else here. But for now, do you wanna get something to eat?" I asked as she nodded.

"Me too." I said laughing at her adorable smile.

We started to walk outside, when Fin walked in. He handed me and Ava each a brown paper bag.

"What's this?" I asked him.

"Lunch." He said with a smile.

"Oh, good. You saved us the ride." I laughed as we walked back in. We both sat down at my desk and ate lunch. We talked and laughed until we were done.
and then we just sat there and ate.