Chapter Two: Some Irish Prick

"Etta?" I heard Henry running up to me. He pulled me behind him and away from our dad. "Are you okay? Did you try to steal again?" I rolled my eyes and pointed at Dutch.

"Me stealing isn't the problem at the moment." Henry looked at Dutch as it clicked a bit.

"Etta, go home," Henry demanded.

"Wait for just a second, son," Dutch spoke up.

"No.  You have literally never visited us, or written to us. I wouldn't even consider you our father." Henry snapped as he started pushing me toward the direction of home.

"Father?" I heard Arthur ask.

"Wait, Henry," I started. "Let's hear him out." Henry looked at me with an angry expression . "Maybe he knows where Uncle Trelawny is or Uncle Hosea."  Hosea had always been a soft spot for Henry. Hosea would write to us and  even come to visit us once.

"Hold on. Hosea and Trelawny knew about them?" Arthur asked.

"Arthur, not now," Dutch said making Arthur throw his hands up. "Hosea is with us. He's at our camp."

"Camp?" Henry sounded a bit disgusted. I smack his arm.

"We would love to see Uncle Hosea." I answered before my brother could.

My brother and I followed Arthur and Dutch out of Valentine and to Horseshoe Overlook.

Henry kept giving his father dagger eyes as Dutch talked to us both.  Repeating over and over how shocked he is and how big we had become. To which Henry replied with a bitter, "Yeah... that's what happens  when you grow up."

"Hosea!" Dutch called as we all walked up to the camp. The older man looked up from his book. "I brought home a surprise for you."

Hosea walked over curiously but as he saw Henry and I hopping off our horses his jaw dropped. I ran up to him and hugged him, "Uncle Hosea!"

"Dear girl, what are you two doing here?"

"Oh, ya know. We missed you." I joked as he patted my head.

"You are a lot taller than before." He joked back.

"We were fifteen the last time you saw us," Henry said as he walked up and shook Hosea's hand.

"Well,  then it's been entirely too long. Come sit, I believe Pearson should be done with dinner and then you can introduce yourselves to the family."  He pushed us towards a table, sitting us down. I could see people noticing your arrival and wandering closer to see who we were.

A little boy ran up and smiled, "Hi, I'm Jack. Why do you two have the same face?"

"I'm Etta and this is my brother, Henry, we are twins so we have the same face." He looked between us for a moment.

"Do you guys want flower crowns?" He asked throwing me off.

"Uh... sure?" With my answer, he ran off quickly looking on the ground for flowers.

Dutch  came up and stood between us. He put his hands on each of your shoulders. Henry moved his shoulder out of Dutch's reach making me hold back a sigh.

"Everyone, this is going to sound very confusing  to you all but before Annabelle passed she went away for a while and when she was gone she gave birth to these two beautiful children in front of me," I looked at my feet nervously. I had never been one to like attention. "She passed very shortly after. It was a mistake, I see now, but at the time I was so heartbroken that I didn't think I could raise them and sent them to live in a boarding school in New York. I'm  not entirely sure what brought them back here... But I'm so glad-"