Chapter Six: Bonding Time

"Little Van der Linde." Mr. Strauss said as he walked up to Henry and me one day.

"Which one?" Henry asked.

"You. I need help but I can't find Herr Morgan anywhere. Can you go collect debts from this list of people?" He handed Henry a sheet of paper.

"I'm not sure... Henry is not very intimidating." I joked as Henry bumped my shoulder.

"Just because of what my dear sister just said I will gladly do this for you." Strauss smiled and walked away. "Well, I better be off."

I followed him to Lightning as he checked his saddlebag. "Look at you, big brother, growing into the outlaw life?"

"When I went out with Dutch the other day he said some things that really seemed to speak to me. I think I want to give this..." He looked back at the camp. "New 'family' a chance."

"Well, I'm glad to hear that. Now when can I start robbin'?" I asked.

"Never. I think you should stay out of gang stuff, I'll be sure to voice my opinions to Dutch... and Arthur."

"You wouldn't dare." I threatened in a sweet voice.

"Try me." He smirked taking off.

As he rode out I noticed Arthur's grey Kentucky saddler coming in. I started to wave but I noticed he wasn't alone. A blond man on a Missouri fox trotter. He had a long mustache and seemed to have a face that just made a person hate him.

Arthur saw me and immediately perked up riding up to hitch his horse near where I was standing. "Hello, princess." He grinned as he hopped off his horse and kissed my forehead.

"Hi, who is that?" I looked as the man climbed from his horse. He noticed Arthur's greeting to me and came over with a bit of confusion on his face.

"That's Micah, don't give him any attention. May benefit you the most." I looked up at him in confusion and Arthur tried to steer me from the man who was now in front of the two of us.

"Well, brother, you aren't going to introduce me to this beautiful creature?" Micah sneered.

I held out a hand around Arthur to shake Micah's, "Etta Van Der Linde." I smiled.

Micah took my hand slowly. "Micah Bell... wait, your name..."

"Dutch is my father." I confirmed, "I have a brother as well but he's running an errand for Strauss."

"No offense, but when the hell did Dutch have children?" He asked Arthur.

"Well, I can answer that," I said pushing in front of Arthur as I started to get annoyed. "Seeing as my brother and I are twins and we are 26 years of age that means he had children 26 years ago." He seemed to get a little annoyed. "With my mother that Colm O'Driscoll murdered."

"Ah, you're Annabelle's kid." He eyed Arthur and then looked back at me. "And you and the cowpoke here seem to have a sort of relationship..."

"Yes. Where have you been?" I smiled.

"Arthur helped me rob a stagecoach," Micah said proudly.

"How much did you guys get?"

"What?" He looked dumbfounded.

"How much money?" I ask again.

"What's it to you, missy? Being a Van Der Linde doesn't give you some sort of authority."

I felt Arthur put a hand on my shoulder. "Etta, I believe Dutch called ya."

I sighed and started to turn away. "Damn Morgan, you found a pretty obedient one, huh?" Before Arthur could shut him up, I spun back around kneeing him in the groin making him keel over.