Chapter Twenty-seven: You left me

"Do I need to go?" I asked as I finished braiding my hair.

"You wanna explain the bruise on your neck to your family?" Arthur asked.

I thought for a moment. "No, not really. But I did want to take Bea somewhere today." I sighed and leaned my head on his back as he buttoned his pants.

"Maybe, you and I can take her somewhere tomorrow." He suggested.

"Just us?"

"Just us." He confirmed.

"Where are we goin'?" I asked him.

"Well..." As Arthur began to speak we heard horses riding into camp. We both gave each other worried looks as I picked up Bea quickly as Arthur hurried out of the tent.

"Mr. Van der Linde, Mr. Morgan, Charles. They tried to kill my people for oil! Ride with us. Ride with us and fight them." Eagles Flies yells as he and a group of men ride into camp. Bea and I both peek out of the tent as Arthur walks up to them and Dutch.

"I love your enthusiasm, my boy." Dutch cheers as he walks up to them. I looked back at his tent and Micah still was there leaning against the tent and smirking at me. But this time he wasn't alone. Two, equally dirty men, sat nearby watching everything happen.

"Stop!" Another voice yelled as an older native man hopped off a horse and rushed to Eagle Flies. "Please, my son. My last son. I've been angry like you before. I fought, I saw death. Your brother was slain. This is a world we must endure."

"Father, you are tired." Eagles Flies sighs.

"Do not die for pride, my son!" The man yells. "We must stop this. My boy, my precious boy. Do not mistake my strength for weakness." He threw his hands up, "As your chief, I implore you."

"You're words mean nothing!" Eagles Flies fires back. with that, he and all the other native men raced off on their horses yelling.

The older man looked around concerned until he saw Arthur. "Please, Mr. Morgan. You helped me after we first spoke. you have to see this is a trap."

"You helped this man, Arthur?" My father dared to say.

Micah and I both eyed each other before we each rushed over. "What else have you been doing behind Dutch's back?" He said before I could speak.

"Stay out of it, rat face." I hissed and bumped him out of the way.

"What?" Arthur said as he instinctively moved me to his other side.

"The war is over," The older man begs, "These men, will be annihilated. Please!"

Arthur glanced at me and made a motion for me to hand Bea to Abigail. "Alright, I'll help you. Charles?" Charles nods. "Etta?" I gave a firm nod as Abigail took Bea. He whistled for his horse and climbed on. I kissed Bea's head before Arthur helped me on behind him. "Who else is riding with me?"

Sadie instantly went for her horse with Charles and I even saw Henry go to Lightning.

"I will." Dutch announces making the other men get their horses as well. "Maybe I'll find out more of your secrets," He says to Arthur.

"Oh, shut it, father." I sighed as Arthur took off.

As everyone rode, I noticed Dutch made sure he was in front still. "What else have you been doing behind my back, Arthur?" He asks.

I hide my face in Arthur's back to hide my eye roll.

"I was tryin' to stop this thing from getting worse. I'm sad to see it still did."