Chapter Twenty Five: Annebeth

I was awakened the next day by the sun glaring through the window of one of the guest rooms in Luca's house. I rolled away from the window and glanced at Arthur and Bea still asleep soundly.

The room's white walls seem blind me more then the sun it's self as the sun reflected off of them so I sat up and stretched my arms up. I always do prefer sleeping at Luca's home because of the comfy beds. Definitely better than the cots in camp. I lean down and softly kiss Bea's forehead.

"This is a very soft bed." Arthur mumbles half asleep.

"It very much is." I smile. "Maybe one day we can have one our selves one day." Arthur pulls me in so that we are both snuggled up to Bea. 

"Today is the day," He glances at me, "Colm hangs today."

"Luca already asked yesterday if we needed them to watch Bea."

"You sure you wanna go?" He softly brushes hair away from my face.

"I never met my mother, but I think I need to go."

"Fair enough. Dutch ain't gonna be too happy."

"He's so consumed by vengeance and greed he won't even notice I'm there."

___________

We enter in the tiny pub where Dutch and Sadie are already waiting for us. Dutch is trying to talk to sadie who is in no mood for him.

"There you are Arthur," Dutch begins to say but huffs when he sees me.

"Here we are," Arthur sighs.

"Today is the day you guys," Dutch hums. "Today is the day Colm O'Driscoll hangs."

"And he's gonna hang alright." Sadie says, finally agreeing with Dutch for once.

Dutch shoves a package into Sadies hands and pushes her into a closet closing the door behind her as she sighs.

"Colm has been on the noose many times. I won't be shocked until his neck is broken." Arthur grunts.

I sniff the glass Sadie was drinking and gag at the hard liquor. Dutch looks at my appearance. I wasn't sure if he'd be okay with me in a dress. But it was from the Bronte's since all my clothes were at camp. "You're already dressed." he whispers to himself as he tosses Arthur a beat up police uniform. "We are going to disguise ourselves and make sure he hangs."

Arthur looks at me and gives me a subtle eye roll.

"I'll wait outside while you all change." I shrug and step out while they get dressed.

After about ten minutes the three walk out. Arthur and Dutch, both wearing police uniforms. On dutch it looks wrong but I can get used to it on Arthur. Sadie walks out in a bright expensive looking dress.

"Oh my..." is all I can say as I watch her adjust her crotch.

"I haven't worn a dress in years," She groans.

"I feel under dressed now." I look at Jill's green dress she'd let me borrow.

"You can be her maid." Dutch shrugs.

"Gee, thanks, Pa." I said sarcastically as Sadie hides a laugh in a cough. "You look pretty Mrs. Adler."

"You make a great Saint Denis lady," Arthur adds.

"Heh, I'd dress as the queen of shiva if it gets me to see that bastard hang." She huffs.

"I was tortured by that bastard, but it don't mean I'm comfortable in this wool coat." Arthur sighs. "Not to mention the night we all met Etta, his men kidnapped her."I had done well suppressing that embarrassment of a kidnapping until now.