Chapter Thirteen: Want

As I rode back to camp with Arthur I had moved from sitting behind him to sitting in front of him. He had an arm locked firmly around my waist while I leaned back into his chest. I had tried to talk to him into going on a 'honeymoon' but he said it would be best to go back to camp first to at least let my brother know about being married.

I sighed a bit. "What's the matter, Mrs. Morgan?" Arthur asked as we neared the camp. "Tired of married life already?"

I could hear the humor in his voice, "Not at all Mr. Morgan, I just don't want to go see everyone. I very much enjoyed alone time with you."

I could feel his chest rumble as he laughed. "Well, you were kidnapped."

"True. People probably want to know I'm okay." I had to agree.

As he hitched his horse near the others he turned to help me down. We both smiled at each other for a moment. There was a sense of peace despite everything when I was next to him. But of course, when do we get any peace.

"Etta!" Henry yelled pulling me from my thoughts. I quickly hopped off the horse and ran to jump into his embrace. He held me a bit too tight but I let him since I could feel he was trying to hide the fact that he was crying. "Are you okay? Did that Bronte guy hurt you?"

"I'm okay. He even gave me a nightgown." I joked. "Brother... there's something I have to tell you. And I would really be happy if you didn't tell anyone yet."

"What happened?" He looked concerned.

I looked over my shoulder at Arthur who nodded for me to continue before heading towards the camp. "Arthur and I... we eloped."

There was a good ten seconds of Henry just staring at me before he made a sound, "WHAT?" He said loudly making me smack his head.

"What did I just say?"

"You married him?" He whispered this time.

"Yes Henry, I love him." Henry sighed and sat on a hay bale while pulling me to sit by him. "I just wanted you to know cause you're my family."

"I'm happy you trusted me enough to tell me, I just never imagined I'd see you married..."

"Now what the hell is that supposed to mean Henry Van Der Linde?" I say as I began wind up another smack before I got cut off.

"Everyone, Etta's home safe!" I hear Javier call. Within minutes I'm swarmed by the rest of the camp members.

Susan is hugging my head tightly along with the other girls who are trying to hug me, Javier is smacking my back and Abigail is kissing my hand thanking me for watching Jack.

As she kisses my hand again she spots the ring. I quickly pull my hand away hoping no one else saw. She eyes me behind everyone and I plead with my eyes to not tell anyone.

"Okay guys," Henry says sighing, "Let's let her get some rest. She's probably exhausted." He pushes me through the group and towards an old looking manor.

"This is camp?" I ask.

"I know it's weird." Henry lowers his voice, "You and your husband are upstairs to the left."

I try to hit him again but he got away. I walked into the old creeky looking house. Lanterns had been set up to dimly light the first floor. Micah seemed to have been snooping around because he jumped when I walked in.

"Oh great, the princess is rescued... again." He claps dramatically.

"Have you done anything even remotely helpful today?" I ask sarcastically.

"I've most definitely done more than you have." Micah got really close to me. I could smell the beer.

"Maybe you should go clean yourself up Mr. Bell, I hear the swamp water does wonders." I pushed him back and he grabbed my wrist tightly.