Chapter Three: No Funny Business

I woke up with a horrible headache. Looking around I could tell I was tied to a tree. 

   "Fuck... my head." I mumbled. 

   "Ah, she's awake. Was wonderin' if I hit ya too hard." The man chuckled.

   I glared at him, "You'll regret taking me, mister." I threatened.

   "Oh, will I? Why? Cause your daddy will come for ya?" He pretended to look scared.

   "No, because I'll kick your ass once I get free."

   He laughed louder grabbing his sides, "Oh, girlie, you are the least threatening thing I've ever seen." As he laughed he walked up and got in my face. "Too bad you're a Van Der Linde, girlie, you're pretty damn adorable." 

   I rolled my eyes, noticing he was standing over my leg. I smirked and tried to kick my foot as high as I could and ended up hitting the target of interest. The man yelled and fell back grabbing his private. 

   "Fuck off." I yelled. As he was distracted I started  reaching around my sleeve for the knife I keep in there when I go to work. Men needed to be taught a lesson sometimes. When I felt it I sighed with relief. Half asleep me this morning did remember it. 

   I slowly worked it down my sleeve to my hand. That's when I heard the man walking back up to me. He yanked on my chin so I'd look him in the eyes. His face was bright red and his eyes were angry. 

   "Listen here, girlie. I might just have ta break ya legs for that one." He punched my cheek but I just took it as the force jarred the knife to fall into my hand. 

   The man sat back at the fire in front of me and he looked out into the night. "Thankfully my replacement should be here soon to take ya to Colm."

   I started cutting at the rope with the knife while he talked on about how Colm would kill me, blah blah. I had been threatened before. When Henry and I had stayed in Saint Denis, I pissed off a bunch of kids who seemed to be in some sort of 'gang.' Long story short the or Irish idiot had the same threatening skills as a twelve-year-old.

   When the last piece of the rope snapped the man's head turned to look at me. "Hey! How did ya do that?" He started scrambling for me while I got up and started running. I had no idea where I was but I knew I had to get away. 

   I look over my shoulder to see him close behind me. I greatly regretted wearing a dress that day as my foot got caught in my skirt making me tumble down a small grassy hill. As my body stopped and I was on your back I heard multiple guns click. I looked up as more green bandana-wearing idiots aimed guns at me.

   "Bitch had a knife hidden on her!" The man who had been chasing me said running up and yanking me to my feet. "She a fighter, this one." I swung at him but he pulled both of my hands behind my back.

   "Come on guys, I don't even know my father. When I saw him in town today I told him to fuck off." The man twisted my arms behind my back more making me yell. "I swear. I don't know where he is, or my brother now for that matter."

   "Why, you sure look like Annabelle, don't cha?" A voice said as a man walked up to me and took my chin. He was an older man with grey straggly hair and grey stubble. 

   I tried to rip my chin from his hands but he had a tight grip, "Let me guess... the Colm I keep hearing about?"

   Colm chuckled, "The one and only. Colm O'Driscoll at your service." I scrunched my nose at his breath.

   "I already told your men, I don't know nothin' about Dutch Van Der Linde." He chuckled tightening his grip on my chin. I closed my eyes from the pain.