Chapter Seven: Attack

Hi, Just a little author's note. this chapter has mentions of Rape. The actual event is NOT shown at all. I wrote this chapter when I needed to relieve stress from a past traumatic experience. If it's still too much just skip the chap and we'll see you next time!

The camp had been set up at a place called Clemens Point. It was a pretty little camp that had a lake view and a big tree in the middle of the camp. I enjoyed sitting against one of the little trees closer to the water when I would hide from Henry being overprotective about my leg. I would sit there and read one of my books or work on sewing if Susan caught me.

Since setting up camp Dutch had had Arthur running errands, probably on purpose so the two of us couldn't ever be alone. I missed my grumpy cowboy.

The two of us hadn't even officially gone on a first date yet. We kinda had one the night before last. The two of us ate a little up the shore from camp. The sky had been clear and beautiful. Arthur had ridden into town to get something special for the two of us to eat so I didn't have to eat stew again. He even bought some candy for the two of us to share. It was a perfect night and I became so sad when I was getting so tired I could hardly keep my eyes open.

"I'm not that interesting that you should force yourself awake." Arthur joked, "Want me to take you back?"

"No," I said hitting the sides of my face in an attempt to wake myself up. "You are interesting! This has been the greatest night of my life and I'm not going to end it yet."

He kissed me after making me melt inside. In the end, I fell asleep with my head on his leg. I woke up the next morning to find myself in my tent and Arthur gone on another mission. One Dutch hadn't sent him on. I had planned to ask him the next time I saw him.

__________________

On this particular morning, I had limped my way over to my tree only to find Arthur already sitting in my spot. He had two tin cups of coffee. I could feel myself smile. "I wasn't aware someone else used this spot." He looked up and gave me a warm smile.

"No, but I know you love it so I thought I'd bring you some coffee and company." He put one cup down and helped me sit between his legs. I leaned my back on his chest as he handed me a cup.

"Thank you, cowboy. This is a very pleasant surprise." He hummed in agreement as he took a sip of his coffee.

"How's the leg?" He asks setting his coffee down beside him and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I can almost walk like a normal human. It's going to leave a scar though." I sighed.

"Scars aren't too bad." He said kissing the top of your head.

"I know... I like yours." I turned a bit and poked the scar on his chin.

"Do ya now?" He smirked.

"Mhm, reminds me of what a tough outlaw my sweetheart is." I give him a joking smile.

Arthur chuckles as he leans in kissing the tip of my nose. "Ya know, I really enjoy ya calling me your sweetheart."

"Oh? I'll call ya Honey as well." We both laugh to ourselves softly. But one thing I learned in this damn camp is nothing is allowed to be private.

"You two are disgusting," Micah said as he passed us towards the water.

I groaned as I pulled away from Arthur. "Can't you go be you somewhere else?" I ask him.

"Would you rather me piss on the other end of camp so it can flow past us again?" He asked smirking.