Stairway to Heaven

"Here we are, Audrey Hepburn and Bob Marley, saving the world!" I yelled out as we reached the doorstep of the party house.

"I don't give a shit!" Some guy yelled from the back of the house. River laughed, and I couldn't help but laugh too. Don't you just love Seniors?

The house was exceedingly packed, and it was so loud I couldn't even hear myself think. That's fine though because I don't need to think, I just need to find Danny. River and I danced around for a few minutes, but it was too stuffy that it was hard to breathe... So we sat down.

I poured us some punch, but I turned around to see two girls climbing him as if he were a tree.

"You're River Phoenix right?" Or "No way, you're that hunk from Stand by Me." Were the only words that came out of their lip-glossed mouths.

"Uhh no... I'm Jeff... Jeff Grant." He made it look so believable that I was impressed.

"Oh... Really? Wow. I'm sorry about that. You look exactly like River!" The girls climbed off of him and sashayed away.

"Wow Jeff, you're an outstanding liar!" I joked and we drank the punch. Immediately after I spit out because I knew I tasted alcohol in there. I don't think River minded it though.

I felt dizzy all of a sudden, but I kept my balance. Well actually... I kind of drooped onto River. "I ... Need ya... To help me find someone," I slurred my words and I was really worried on why I did.

"Who?" He took another sip from the mysterious punch.

"...Danny... who even is Jeff Grant anyways?" I asked River, trying to change the topic.

"Uh... He's a new character I'm portraying in Little Nikita," he replied as he put his dreadlocks back on. "I'm smelling a lot of old weed in this wig... John must've been one high dude in the seventies," he added.

"Who wasn't high in the seventies?" I laughed, but I soon heard someone yell out "RIVER PHOENIX!" In the crowd so we got up and moved.

"Anyways... Who is Danny?"

"He's a guy..." I didn't want to tell my biggest crush that I have a crush on someone else. If that makes sense...

"Is he friend or something?" He itched his head.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that..." His eyes narrowed at me. It was almost like he could tell that I was lying.

"Well, I'm craving some more punch... Care for some?" He asked. I nodded and he walked away. Suddenly, two girls came up to me.

"Is that River Phoenix? Dude do you know how fucking lucky you are to be dating River Phoenix? He's like the biggest heartthrob of the century!" They were all in my space that I backed away.

"That's not River..." I tried to act like it really wasn't, but they didn't buy it.

"We totes know when we see a celebrity." They exchanged glances and grinned down at me.

"Well, we're not dating... I'm actually looking for the guy I like," I almost mumbled.

"No way! How bout we make a deal- you give us River for the night if we help you find your man!" They seemed so joyous about the idea that I had to agree on the deal. I'm sure River would love some attention from two girls as I try to get my crush to acknowledge me.

"So... What's your man's name?" The short brunette asked. I was extremely hesitant... And I was suddenly doubting the whole ordeal.

"Danny... Danny Lockwood," I puffed up my chest and fixed my heavy necklaces. They didn't answer for a few seconds and I looked up to them. The brunette placed her ring finger on her temple and starting rubbing it like she was agitated. "Uh guys?" The blonde tall one looked at me and bit her lip.