Chapter 2

Mila's POV

I sat next to Daniel. He wanted to know everything. Where did I start?

"Well... I grew up in Herefordshire in the UK with my parents and our dog. My Dad is originally from Italy and my Mother is British. I went to school, college and university before landing a job at McLaren," I said "I don't really know what else you want to know,"

"What dog do you have and what's their name?" He asked.

"I have a chocolate Labrador called Pippa. She's my parents dog really. She lives with them. We've had her since I was about 17,"

"Am i allowed to ask how old you are and when your birthday is?" Daniel asked.

"27. My birthday is the 16th October," I said "Now do I get to know about you?"

"What do you want to know?" He asked.

"I know about your career. That is something I can Google. Just who you are,"

"Ok well I'm from Australia. My parents both live there. My Dad moved from Italy to Australia when he was young. I have one sister called Michelle. Outside of F1 I have a pretty quiet life,"

I drank some of my beer. He really did just seem a normal person.

"You seem really quiet around me." Daniel said.

"I... I guess it's because... I'm still trying to figure you out. You say you like me but you barely know me and you've got no reason to like me either," I said.

"And it makes you suspicious?" He asked.

"Yes. Like is there an ulterior motive?"

"Honestly no. I meant it when I said it Mila. I just want to get to know everyone,"

"I don't see anyone else in your hotel room,"

"That's because you're different. You're going to spending a lot of time with me. Most apart from Michael,"

I finished my beer and looked at him "I should go. I've got a flight in the morning to go home,"

"It's still early. Want just one more beer?"

"Ok. One more,"

Daniel went to get us one more beer and he came over and handed me one.

"Thanks," I said.

"So when you go home do you go home to your parents?" He asked.

"No I've got a place closer to the factory. I've got a nice house," I said.

"Do you see your parents much?" He asked.

Just asking that question made me a little sad. The one downside to this job was not seeing my parents as much.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to speak out of turn," Daniel said.

"No it's fine. I just wish I saw them more than I do. It's the one downside to this job,"

"Yeah me too. Not getting to be home much in Aus sucks sometimes. Mum and Dad do come to races when they can,"

"It is hard to be away from your family,"

I gulped down half my beer. The alcohol was definitely making my tongue looser. He knew what he was doing.

"Are you trying to make me tipsy so I spill all my secrets?" I asked.

"You've got secrets?" He asked.

"Doesn't everyone," I said.

"What are your secrets?"