Chapter 6

Mila's POV

I woke the next morning. It did feel strange waking up alone. I had enjoyed Daniel's company the night before.

I went to shower and then got myself ready. I heard the door go. He was on time. I went to the door and opened and it and Daniel was stood there.

"Hey," Daniel said pulling me in for a hug and then kissing my cheek.

"Hi," I said.

"How did you sleep?" He asked.

"I think I was so tired I just fell asleep nearly instantly," I said "How about you?"

"It was nice to not have someone hogging the duvet," he said giggling.

I giggled "I do not steal it. You were trying too. I was just trying to get it back," I said playfully tapping him on the arm.

"Did you ring Ana last night?"

"I did,"

"Did she ask questions?"

"Yeah she did. She wanted to know what had happened so I told her. I hope that's ok. I know she's not going to say anything,"

"Of course. I know how much of a friend she is for you,"

I went to make us a cup of coffee and we sat at my breakfast bar talking.

"I do have to say it was pretty strange sleeping on my own last night. The night I spent with you... just made me feel... I don't know. It was just nice to have someone close again," I said.

"You don't need to explain. You can always stay at my place tonight... if you want. I mean obviously you don't have to. If you want some company," he said.

"I'd like that," I said.

"Why don't you get a bag together and I'm taking you out for the day and then we can go to mine later," he said.

I nodded. I grabbed my bag in the kitchen and took it upstairs to pack a few things. When I emptied the bag I noticed Daniel's t-shirt. I put it back in to wear tonight. I finished putting my things down and went downstairs. I saw Daniel looking at some photos of my family.

"Are those your parents?" Daniel asked pointing to a man and women.

"Yeah they are," I said.

"You can tell they are happy and in love just from a photo," he said.

"They've been in love since they first met in Italy. Some people just find the right person," I said.

"Yeah I guess so. And others of us find it hard to even trust people sometimes,"

"Why do you say that?"

"I never know if people want me for me or just want the thrill of dating an F1 driver. I've never had much of a relationship in the past. I've had one ex girlfriend and it didn't end great,"

"I'm sorry,"

"It's fine. At least I found out what she was like before it got too serious,"

"There is someone out there for you,"

"As there is you. I know you've lost Josh but you'll have another chance to be happy,"

"I know. I just need to forget about the fear and guilt first,"

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah I'm ready,"

We left my house and I locked up. I got in his car.

"I thought I'd treat you to breakfast first," he said.

"That sounds lovely," I said.

We drove quietly to a small cafe. We went inside. Luckily no one noticed Daniel. We both had some coffee and breakfast.