Chapter 4

Mila's POV

Daniel and I stood looking at each other. I didn't know what to say.

"So you and Michael?" He asked.

"He's a friend Daniel. He's been great today. You more than anyone should know how much of a good friend he is," I said.

"So he's your friend and yet you've barely wanted to speak to me since Bahrain," he said.

"You turned up at my room wanting to talk. You then turned up at my house and got my number. Did you not listen to what Ana said?" I said.

"She said to give you some space,"

"Why didn't you listen?"

"Because I need to fix things. Before I tried to kiss you we were having a great time," he said "But you've been off with me all weekend. Today everyone has been looking at you different. Zak, Andreas, Ana, Lando, Michael and even Carlos,"

"You saw me with Carlos?" I asked.

"Yes. What do they all know that I don't? I feel like I'm in the dark. You've been crying today. When you were in the motor home with Michael. I could see you'd been crying,"

"You need to know something. There is a reason you don't know everything about me. It's because you're the only person that looks at me normally. That's been refreshing. That's why we had a good time in Bahrain. It was so nice to have somebody who was cheeky and made me laugh,"

"What if I promise to not treat you differently?"

"You can't promise that,"

"I can. I cross my heart and hope to die,"

"Don't say that,"

"I mean it Mila. You can trust me,"

I took a deep breath. I guess there was no going back "Today is a year since my husband died," I said to him.

I saw his face change. He promised.

"Mila I am so sorry," he said.

"You promised...," I said with tears in my eyes. I headed to the door once again but Daniel's hand took mine. He pulled me in for a hug. I cried again. I didn't want to cry. He held me for what felt like ages.

I pulled away from Daniel.

"You're going to be like everyone else. Treat me different because of what you know," I said.

"Let me get changed and why don't we go back to my room and we can talk. I promise I'm not going to treat you differently,"

"Ok. Let me give you some privacy. I'll be outside," I said.

I went out his room and Michael was stood outside.

"You told him?" he asked.

"Yeah. And then I turned into another mess," I said.

"It's ok to be sad. Is he getting changed?"

"Yeah. We're going to head back then. He wants to talk,"

"Ok. I'm here for you too Mila" Michael said.

"Thank you Michael," I said.

Micheal gave me a hug which immediately feel at ease.

When Daniel was ready we all headed to the car and went back to the hotel.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

We arrived at the hotel and we inside. Daniel and I headed to his room. Michael went to his.

Daniel and I went into the room and I went over to his bed and sat down on it. I watched Daniel as he poured us a drink. A whisky.