Chapter 8

Mila's POV

Since arriving in Portugal I hadn't had a moment alone with Daniel. He has a busy media weekend.

It was Saturday and qualifying was going on.

Daniel qualified in P16 for the race tomorrow. He got out the car and went to speak with his engineer Tom. I waited for him to be finished and we went to the media pen.

As we walked to the pen he was very quiet. I prayed I'd get time to speak with him later. I had wanted to get him alone since I arrived in Portugal.

A lot of the journalists were asking him questions and his responses seemed very flat. It seems like he was very flat and upset with himself.

When he was finished we walked back to the McLaren motor home and we went to his driver room. He went inside and Michael came over.

"He's really not happy," I said to Michael.

"Yeah that wasn't a great qualifying. He's been struggling a bit in the car," Michael said.

"I did want to talk to him. We've not had a moment alone since we got here but I guess now isn't a great time," I said.

"He'd always have time for you Mila,"

I knocked on the door to his room and I went inside. I shut the door behind me.

Daniel was sat on the couch. He was topless.

"I've got a habit of coming into your driver room and you're half naked," I said with a giggle.

Daniel saw it was me and he giggled back.

"You seem obsessed with my body," he said.

"Most definitely. I'm sorry you've had a bad weekend so far. I've been wanting to talk to you since we got here," I said

"How have you been? You've been a bit radio silent,"

"I'm sorry for that. A visit to see my parents and Josh's parents gave me a lot to think about. Helped me get into a good head space,"

"About us?"

I nodded "It made me realise that I want to be happy. I'll never forget Josh he was a huge part of my life but I've still got a lot of love to give someone and I want to be loved. Sometimes I feel so empty inside but you fill me. You take away my pain,"

"Mila... what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that I like you Daniel and I want to spend more time with you and see what becomes of this,"

Daniel stood up and he came over to me. He wrapped his arms around me pulling me close so there was no gap between us. I put my hands on his shoulders and he looked at me.

"Just be patient with me. This is all new to me," I whispered.

Daniel's lips moved to mine. My lips were quick to respond to his and they moved together in sync. It was like they knew each other. His lips were soft. My lips moved apart slightly allowing his tongue to enter my mouth.

This kiss made me feel hot and heavy. Feelings I had not felt in a long time. I put my hand behind is neck pulling him even closer.

Butterflies were fluttering in my stomach. Our breaths became heavy. He pulled away for us to take a breath. I steadied myself.

We stood close together for a moment. It felt like eternity we were stood there but I knew it was seconds.

Daniel's lips kissed mine again before he began to place kisses from my lips to my neck. He placed a few warm kisses on my neck.