Chapter 22

Mila's POV

I went to one of the wardrobes and opened it. It had some of Josh's clothes in.

Daniel got a box from the side and he helped me to fill it. His clothes still smelt of him. A scent I hadn't smelt in a while.

It didn't take long to go through his wardrobe. The last thing was a suit. It was his wedding suit. I touched it softly.

"That's his wedding suit isn't it? I recognise it from the photos," Daniel said.

"Yeah it is," I said.

"What do you want to do with it?" He asked.

"I'll take it back home. Maybe his parents might want it,"

I hung it up on the side. The last thing was his beside draw.

I went over to the bed and sat on the edge of it. Daniel sat next to me with a box on his lap. I opened the draw. I took out a few things. He had some photos. I put them in a box which was for stuff for his parents.

I put my hand to the back of his draw and felt some metal. I grabbed it in my hands and pulled my hand from the draw. I looked at the item in my hand. It was his wedding ring. I forgot that was even in there. When he died and I got his things back I remember my Mum coming and putting his things away.

"His ring?" Daniel asked.

I nodded "I forgot I had it," I whispered.

"Why don't you keep it. I mean if you want too. That's something special," Daniel said.

"Yeah I think I'll keep it," I said. I closed the draw and I got up. I went over to my jewellery box and placed it next to my wedding ring.

Daniel helped me carry down some boxes. They were for the charity shop. I had another box upstairs for his parents.

I had finally sorted through his things. I then sorted through some of my own stuff to go to the charity shop.

It was about 5pm when we finished and I sat on the sofa with Daniel.

"Fancy coming to mine? You can stay the night and we can get some take out?" Daniel asked.

"Sounds good. I'll get a few things together," I said.

I went upstairs and got a few things for the night. I headed down and grabbed my phone and bag before going to get in Daniel's car.

We got to his apartment and went inside. I sat down on his sofa and he sat next to me pulling my legs up onto his lap.

"I want to take you to meet my parents," I said to him.

"I'd like that. When did you want to do that?" He asked.

"Are you free the next few days?" I asked.

"After tomorrow morning... I'm all yours,"

"What's happening tomorrow morning?"

"Michael is coming over for a training session,"

"We can go tomorrow after for two nights. I can show you around and you can meet my parents... Josh's parents want to meet you too,"

"Then we can have dinner together with them,"

"Are you sure it's not too strange?"

"No of course not,"

I grabbed my phone and rang my Mum. I told her we were coming to visit. She was over the moon. I told her to expect us tomorrow late afternoon.

"She's so excited," I said to Daniel.