Chapter 20

Mila's POV

Daniel and I headed out his driver room. We walked downstairs to the motor home and saw Michael on his own.

Ana and Lando were heading towards us.

"You guys on your way to the press conference?" Ana asked.

"Uh... yeah we will be in a second," I said.

Michael got up and came over to us.

"Guys I am so sorry. I has no idea you were... preoccupied," Michael said.

"It's fine Michael. It's not your fault. Trust me it will never happen again," I said.

Daniel smiled softly at Michael "It's all good," he said.

Ana and Lando looked at each other before turning to Daniel and I.

"Were you two hooking up?" Ana asked.

I blushed a thousand shades of red.

"One thing I love about you Mila. You can't lie to save your life. Your face gives it away," Ana said.

"We need to go or you'll be late for the press conference Daniel," I said.

"Yeah let's get going," Daniel said.

"Just a heads up guys. I had a question asking if I knew about the both of you," Lando said.

I sighed. Daniel and I made our way to the press conference. Daniel headed over and sat on the chair and I sat down at the back. Four of the other drivers headed in and their press officers sat near by.

I sat listening to the questions and then it came to Daniel. He was talking about his expectations for the weekend and how he was getting on in the car. The floor was the opened for the other publications to ask questions.

Daniel was asked a question. I sat listening closely.

"Daniel... is it true you are dating your press officer Mila Ramino? How does that dynamic work?" They asked.

My mouth went dry.

"Yes it is true. It works fine. When we are at work we do our jobs. Nothing about my relationships will change anything. I have nothing else to say about it," Daniel said.

No one else asked about us during the rest of the press conference. The press conference finished and we headed back to the motor home. On our way back we bumped into Natalie Pinkham.

"Hey. How you doing?" Natalie asked.

"Yeah good Pinky. How's the boys?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah good. They want to see Uncle Daniel soon," Natalie said.

"I'll be round soon," Daniel said.

"Congratulations you two. I'm glad Daniel has found someone," Natalie said.

"Thank you. It seems not many seem to want to say congratulations but seem to want to tear our relationship apart," I whispered.

"Try not to worry sweetheart. It will be old news soon. And you have a good guy here," Natalie said.

I smiled at her softly. Daniel smiled.

"We best get back. See you soon Pinks," Daniel said.

"Bye Natalie," I said.

"See you guys," Natalie said.

We walked back to the motor home. When we went inside Michael had some food waiting for Daniel. I headed to get a sandwich and sat with Michael and Daniel.