Chapter 3

Mila's POV

The time has gone by quickly with my parents and then at home that it was race weekend. The weekend itself had gone fast. I hadn't let myself be alone with Daniel long enough for us to talk about what happened back in his hotel room in Bahrain.

I woke on the morning of race day. The 18th April. A day always branded in my brain. The day I lost Josh.

I got ready to head to the circuit. Luckily race day mornings were quieter for me. Less time with Daniel. I headed downstairs and met Daniel and Michael. We headed to the circuit. I sat in the car. As usual Michael was driving. Daniel had sat in the back with me.

I looked out the window. The car was silent.

"You're quiet," Daniel said "There is something bothering you when you're quiet,"

"I'm fine," I whispered quietly.

I don't think Daniel believed me but he let it go.

We headed to the circuit and I walked in with them both. We headed to the motor home where Daniel and Michael got a coffee. I headed in and saw Ana. She came over and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm here for you today. Anything you need," she said.

"Thank you Ana," I said.

Lando came over to speak with Ana and he turned to me.

"Hi Mila. How you doing today?" He asked.

"I don't really know. I'm feeling a bit numb at the moment," I said "I'm just trying my best not to cry,"

"You know it's ok to cry. We are all here for you," he said. He gave me a one armed hug and they headed off together.

I grabbed myself a coffee. I stood waiting for the lady to make it and Zak and Andreas came over.

"You sure you want to be here?" Zak asked.

"Yeah I do. It's keeping me going at the moment. I'll see how I go but I'm surrounded by the other love of my life. F1," I said.

"Does Daniel know about today?" Zak asked.

I shook my head.

"You need anything our doors are open," Andreas said.

"Thank you guys," I said.

I was surprised when they both pulled me in for a hug. They left me to get my coffee and I went to sit with Daniel and Michael.

"It's not your birthday so why is everyone hugging you?" Daniel asked.

"They are just saying hello," I said.

"And you'd be happy on your birthday. There is definitely a reason why everyone is hugging you," he said.

"Just leave it please," I snapped. I drank some coffee and saw Michael and Daniel exchange a look.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"Is everything ok Mila?" Daniel asked.

"Like I said... I'm fine," I said "Shouldn't you be getting to your briefing,"

Daniel nodded "I should. I'll see you later," he said.

I went for a walk around the paddock. I saw Carlos in his bright red Ferrari uniform. He saw my face and came over.

"Mila. How are you? I didn't expect you to be here today," he said.

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" I asked.

"Because it's ok if you need to be at home. Today can't be easy for you," he said.

"I'm doing better than I thought. I've only snapped once at Daniel," I said.