Chapter 7

Mila's POV

I woke early. I was lay in bed with Daniel. My back was against his chest and he had his arm over me. Why did this just seem so comfortable.

I slid of out of bed and went to make some breakfast. I checked his cupboards and he had some ingredients for pancakes.

As I began making pancakes I saw Daniel coming in.

"Good morning," Daniel said.

"Morning," I said.

"How are you?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm good. You ok?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm great. So have you any plans today?"

I looked at him sadly "I really need to go see my parents and Josh's parents. I need to get a visit over and done with," I said.

"Do you need a ride or just some company?" He asked.

"It's not a good idea,"

"Yeah sorry I don't know what I was thinking,"

"It was a nice idea. Just not practical. I'm sorry. I really appreciate it. It would be nice for you to be there but it will just raise questions I don't know how to answer,"

I finished making pancakes and we sat together to eat them.

"Are we going to talk about last night?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah,"

"Do you regret it? I get this feeling you do,"

"I don't. I wanted to kiss you. I do like you Daniel. You just need to bare with me. I'm still trying to figure out how I can do this and not feel guilty,"

"I'm here. You take as long as you need,"

We finished breakfast and I went to take a shower and get changed. I came back out and Daniel was already changed.

"Are you ok to give me a lift home?" I asked.

"Of course," he said.

We headed to his car and he gave me a lift home. As we arrived I got out the car and went to my door. Daniel came to my door and he smiled.

"Will you text me later when you get there so I know you're ok?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah I will," I said.

"I'll see you soon," Daniel said.

"See you soon," I said.

Daniel went to walk off back to his car.

"Daniel wait," I said.

Daniel turned around and I walked over to him. I pressed my lips to his. He began to kiss me back and he pulled me close. I melted in his arms. We kissed for what felt like eternity and pulled away when I needed to take a breath.

"I don't know when I'll see you next so something to remember me by," I said.

"Take care Mila," he said.

Daniel let me go and he drove off.

I went inside and packed a bag and headed off back to my home town.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

I arrived in Herefordshire. I stopped to get some flowers for Josh. I headed to his grave first.

I took the old flowers off which had died and replaced them with the new ones. I sat down next to his headstone.

"Josh... where do I begin," I said.