Chapter 13

Mila's POV

When I arrived home I went straight to my parents house. I knocked on the door and walked in. I followed the voices I heard and went to the kitchen. My parents were having some tea.

"Hey," I said.

"Mila. It's so good to see you," my Mum said coming over to hug me.

I was then passed to my Pop who hugged me.

"How are you sweetheart?" my Father asked.

"Yeah I'm doing good," I said.

My Mother eyed me suspiciously "What's got you looking so happy and well?" She asked me.

"I was hoping to tell you and Josh's parents together. Hopefully at dinner tonight if they're free," I said.

"I have made a dinner reservation for tonight. His parents said they were free. They can't wait to see you," Mum said.

"Good. I might just pop down and visit Josh," I said to my parents.

"Ok sweetheart," My Mum said "Would you like some company?"

"No thank you Mum. I need to talk to him on my own,"

Mum smiled at me before kissing my cheek "Ok baby. We're here if you need anything," she said.

I grabbed my phone and put it in my pocket before making my way down to Josh's grave.

When I got there I sat next to his headstone. I placed a kiss to his stone and I took a deep breath. It was hard to believe sometimes that he was laid in the ground to rest and I would never see him again. I was beginning to make peace with it.

"Hi Josh. I have some big news. Daniel and I... we're sort of seeing each other I guess. We are getting to know each other. I really like him and he's made me happy for the first time since I lost you. It doesn't mean I don't love you because I always will. Just know I will never forget you. You made so happy. I just want to be loved and taken care of again. It hurts me that it isn't you but Daniel is such a good guy. He is always so considerate of you and I hope he looks after part of my heart. The other part will always be with you," I said.

I sat with Josh for a while before making my way back to Mum and Dad's. I got ready for dinner. I went downstairs and saw Mum and Dad ready.

"You look gorgeous sweetheart. I love this trouser suit," My Mum said.

"Thank you. You look beautiful too Mumma," I said.

"The last time we dressed like this was yours and Josh's anniversary dinner," she said.

I suddenly felt a sting of guilt in my stomach. Especially as what I had to tell them tonight.

"Mila?" My Mum asked me with a panicked look on her face.

"I just need a minute," I whispered.

I ran outside to get some air. I stood outside and took a deep breath. I took my phone from my pocket and the only person I wanted to speak to was Daniel so I dialled his number.

"Hi Mila," Daniel said happily.

"Hi...," I whispered softly.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I was doing ok till... Mum made a comment that the last time we all went out together was for Josh and my anniversary. I know she meant nothing by it but it just made me feel guilty about what I want to tell them tonight," I said.

"If it's not the right time you don't need to tell them tonight. There is no rush. You do it when you feel comfortable,"

"I want to tell them. I want them to know why I'm happy,"