Chapter 40

Mila's POV

I woke up the next morning to see Daniel awake. He was lay stroking my back gently.

"Good Morning," Daniel said.

"Morning. How long have you been awake?" I asked him.

"Only half an hour or so. You looked peaceful. I didn't want to wake you,"

"I think last night is the best night sleep I've had since I came home. I let myself finally rest knowing I wasn't alone,"

"I will keep away your pain. I promise,"

"I want to go home today. I feel ready,"

"Of course,"

I got out of bed and went to take a shower. When I came out I noticed my room empty. I headed downstairs to see Daniel and my Mum chatting in the kitchen. As I walked through the hallway I saw my Dad getting his things ready for work.

"Hey Pop," I said to him.

"Hey Bella. How you feeling?" Dad asked me.

"Better. I'm going to go home today so I don't know if you'll be home before I go," I said.

"Take care of yourself. Let that handsome young man take care of you too. He's a good man Mila. I know he loves you. Yes he's made mistakes but nothing in love is ever easy,"

"Thank you Pop,"

I hugged my Father before he went off to work. I went into the kitchen as Mum was making a start on some eggs.

"Morning sweetheart. How you feeling?" Mum asked.

"Yeah I'm better. Those eggs smell good. I'm starving," I said.

"It's nice to see you have your appetite back," Mum said.

I smiled at her before sitting down at the table. Daniel came over with a cup of tea.

"A tea... strong just how my lady likes it," Daniel said.

"Thank you Sir," I said smiling at him.

"It's nice to see a smile on your face," Daniel whispered before stroking my cheek softly.

"Thanks for helping get one back on my face,"

"You losing your smile was my fault anyway,"

"Hey let's not go there. Stuff happened and it's in the past now. We need to try and move forward. Get through this together,"

I took Daniel's hand into mine and squeezed it softly.

"What kind of a man leaves his girlfriend when she tells him she's pregnant and then leaves her alone when she loses the baby. No one. But that was me," Daniel said.

"Stop. We both made mistakes ok. You stayed away because I pushed you away. We need to just forget about that and move on together," I said.

Daniel nodded. My Mum came over with some food and we all ate together. After breakfast I got a few of my things together with Daniel's help. I saw my phone ringing. I saw it was Michael. I wasn't sure if I should answer. Daniel looked and saw it was Michael.

"He's just as worried as I was," Daniel said.

I picked up my phone and answered.

"Hi," I said.

"Hey Mila. How you doing?" Michael asked.

"Yeah better thank you,"

"Have you heard from him?"