Chapter 19

Mila's POV

I woke the next morning and looked over in the bed and it was empty. I lay thinking about the night. I remember waking in the night and having a wobble and Daniel and I made love. He was always so loving towards me. Part of that scared me because I didn't want to get hurt again. I had fallen in love with him and I didn't want to go through heartbreak again.

Daniel came into the room. He was just in his boxers. He handed me a cup of tea. I sat up pulling the quilt up with me and took the cup into my hands.

"Thank you," I whispered.

"No problem. How you feeling this morning?" Daniel asked sitting down on the bed next to me.

"Petrified...," I said looking down at my hands "We leave our bubble today,"

"It's going to be ok. We can just take one step at a time," he said taking my hand into his and squeezing it softly.

I drank my cup of tea and Daniel took my hands.

"Want to share a shower?" Daniel asked.

I nodded. Daniel and I headed for a shower. He washed my hair and when I was done I got out. I dried my hair and got changed into my team kit.

When I headed out into the kitchen as Daniel finished getting ready I saw Michael in the kitchen.

"Morning. You ok? How's your few days been here?" Michael asked.

"Hey. I'm good. It's been great. It's been really nice spending time with Daniel," I said.

"Then what troubles you?" He asked.

I sat down at the breakfast bar as he prepared Daniel's breakfast.

"Have you seen the photo?" I asked him.

Michael nodded "Yeah I did," he said.

"Then you know everyone in the paddock is going to know that's me with Daniel. Our relationship no longer remains private,"

"Just because people know you're dating doesn't mean that your relationship can't be private. No one has to know what you get up to behind closed doors or how you feel about each other,"

"Doesn't stop them from wanting to know doesn't it,"

"Mila... you'll be fine. Daniel and I will be with you every step of the way,"

"Thanks Michael,"

"Anytime. Do you fancy some breakfast?"

I shook my head "No thank you.. I don't think I can stomach it,"

Daniel came out and sat down to eat breakfast and Michael ate too.

"I'm just going to get some air," I said.

I walked out the kitchen and heard Daniel and Michael talking. I knew I shouldn't listen but I couldn't help it. I stood by the door listening to them.

"Everything ok with Mila?" Michael asked.

"It's great. She's amazing. She's now my girlfriend. I'm just worried about her. She's been through so much. I'm asking her to be forced into the limelight to be with me," Daniel said.

"You can tell she loves you mate. She must be scared after everything she's been through. She's been through so much pain in the last year and a half of her life. Just be there for her. You both just need to ride this out," Michael said.

"I hope Mum and Dad like her. She's the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with. On a serious note. One day I'll marry her. That's if she ever wants to marry again," Daniel said.