Ek Ajnabi Haseena se...

"Why don't we simply ask her?"

"Six months have passed already."

"That wasn't that long ago"

Miraya had just entered the living room when she heard her entire family huddled together and whispering things to one another.

They all stopped speaking when they saw her and continued to look at her while grinning and having sympathy on her. Kiran was about to speak but Miraya simply turned around and left.

She hurried straight to her room, bashing the door shut behind her because she knew what the conversation was about and had no interest in tolerating it. As soon as the door was shut, she had tears in eyes.

.

.

.

In the meanwhile, (the living room):

"Do we have to talk about this at home?", as he got up from the couch and moved towards his daughter's room, Vivek said.

"Ab nahi to kab?", Kiran yelled. "We've to think about her future, proposals like these don't come around very often." (If not now , when?)

Alongside her, Vinod and Preeti were nodding in agreement with what Kiran had just stated. Preeti tacked on, "she's already 26."

"She's only 26 and already doing so well for herself, succeeding at her work. Why marriage is so crucial?" Vivek, who was annoyed with his wife, stated, "We should give her more time."

"Career and everything are fine, but why not now? She needs to get married someday.", Kiran said.

"Ma! Will you say something?" Vivek, who was plainly irritated, remarked, "I can't deal with them at the moment."

"Beta, I know you only have your daughter in mind, but they also care about what's best for her. Jo hua use koi badal ni skta. So, let's just attempt to move on", Savitri devi added. (Whatever happened can't be changed)

"Maa, really?"

"Haan beta. Miraya needs someone to provide emotional support at this time." (yes son)

"Are we not enough? We're her family."

"Family to theek hai , par ab use ek saathi ki zaroorat hai. Ek aisa rishta jo use sambhale and uska saath kabhi na chode", Savitri devi tried explaining to her son. (family is okay , but she needs a partner. Someone who will never leave her and support her)

"Vivek, I understand that you are concerned about her, but let's just give this proposal a little more time to sink in. Don't dismiss it right away. I'm also concerned about our daughter." Kusum put her hand on Vivek's shoulder and added, "She's alone. She doesn't say anything in front of us. I'm her mother. I can feel her sadness. In front of all of us, she acts and puts on a strong face, but on the inside, she is broken."

Tears welled up in Vivek's eyes. He was aware of the truth, and he detested the fact that he could do nothing to help his daughter.

Vinod hastily ran to his brother's side, comforting him and promising that everything would be alright.

Vivek wiped his eyes, assuring his family that he would talk to Miraya.

.

.

.

Everyone in the family was hurrying to the dining table for dinner at eight o'clock in the evening.

Miraya quickly exited her room after washing her tear-stained face, removing the smudged mascara, and donning a smile.

The Mittal family always got together for dinner to talk about their days and have a good time in each other's company.