Paise do, Joote lo

The girls were whispering to each other while sipping their drinks in the corner. Their gaze remained fixed on the boys as they laughed and talked about something.

The celebrations had slowed down for a while. While Vivaan and Maahi posed for their couple portraits and the assembled guests enjoyed a variety of appetizers and snacks. All of them were chatting with one another. The girls' motivation was locked in, though. The boys' eyes were fixed on the girls, waiting for them to make a move.

The families gathered for a picture with the bride and groom following the couple portraits. Gradually, the moment was getting closer. Following everyone's lunch break, the pheras were scheduled to begin. The girls were holding their breath, waiting.

Vivaan took off his juttis and put them in a corner of the mandap before taking a seat next to the priest as he got ready for his turn in the pheras.

Their plan of action was straightforward. Miraya would stroll to the location where Vivaan had left his shoes. She would be conversing with the priest while carefully hiding the shoes under her lehenga's canopy and then leave, wearing them.

She was walking in the direction of the mandap, when the boys suddenly, blocked her route. They carried identical black briefcases and marched in a single queue and stood right in front of Vivaan and covered the shoes that were just sitting there. None of the sisters could cross the threshold they had formed.

Ruhaan bent down and picked up Vivaan's shoes while keeping his eyes fixed on Miraya, wearing an enigmatic smile. He initially displayed the shoes in front of her, then put them in a suitcase labelled "Groom's shoes' security squad."

Kush and Dev were pointing at the girls' shocked expressions while giggling. Luv only stood close to Ruhaan, who gave him a wink. Luv was amazed that Ruhaan had come up with a strategy ahead of time and predicted Miraya's exact plan. Ruhaan was right all along and his idea had been successful.

Before Miraya could snatch them from him, Ruhaan jumbled all the briefcases together, making it unclear which one held the shoes. She stared at him, her eyes blazing with rage. The girls stood in their places, frustrated, as the boys were applauded by the groom's side of the family. They walked away in unison, leaving the girls standing by themselves.

Siya scowled at Miraya and exclaimed, "Di ab kya kare! They played us. How were they ready with a counter plan?" (What do we do now?)

"They're gone," Anika sighed. "Together with our prize, we lost the bet. Come with me to Maahi di. I'd like to cry."

Miraya glared at them both and urged them to stop talking. She knew Ruhaan was behind all this and he had to be taught a lesson. She was not going to give up now.

Now that they knew the girls' plan had failed, the guys had congregated on one side of the mandap and were having the time of their lives. Kush was having too much fun, judging by the girls' dejected looks. To further infuriate them, he was dancing directly in front of them. Siya was looking incredibly irritated, and Anika was giving him the side eye.

Ruhaan's gaze, nevertheless, was fixed on her. He knew her! She had no intention of giving up so quickly. She retained a sense of fury and determination in her eyes.

Miraya's mind suddenly snapped to attention, and she bolted from everyone else towards the entrance. As they watched her run away, the girls grabbed up several chairs and sat down, frowning.

Anticipating her next move, he stood by. While the guys were chatting among themselves about how they had outwitted the girls, they were interrupted. Everyone heard the faint sounds of drums and dhols. Their eyes travelled towards the faint noises as they became louder and louder.