Nachde ne saare

The rooftop was decked up in bright colors and floral arrangements, and the air was filled with the soothing tones of traditional music. A stage was set up at one end of the room, adorned with flowers and bathed in a soft glow of light. The room was alive with the laughter and chatter of family and friends who had gathered to celebrate, awaiting the entrance of the couple.

The girls and boys spring onto the rooftop with a burst of pomp and show followed by Vivaan and Maahi dancing hand in hand. While all of her sisters are dressed in matching red sarees, Maahi is beautiful in a crimson lehenga. The guys matched Vivaan in their black indo-western kurtas. Everyone's eyes went in the direction of the group as they made their way across the rooftop to reach the beautifully decorated chairs, kept for Vivaan and Maahi, dancing to lively music.

As the bride and groom settled in, whispering sweet nothings into each other's ears, the people mingled while relishing the delicious appetizers for the evening. The DJ pumped up the music, blending traditional music with contemporary tunes seamlessly.

Miraya wandered among the guests, greeting the elders and engaging in lighthearted conversation with the youngsters. Ruhaan was whispering something in Luv's ear when she noticed him. All she could see was perfection. He was wearing an indo-western kurta instead of his typical suit and still looked hot as hell. His black hair, which complemented his outfit well, were looking like a dream as it gently fluttered in the breeze. She noticed how he always exuded such a presence that she was drawn to him each and every time.

He hurriedly motioned for Luv to go as he saw her approaching and looked away, not looking at her face. She looked at him with suspicion as she walked towards him. "So ready to get crushed tonight?", she asked with a playful twinkle in her eye, tapping him on the shoulder to bring his attention back.

"Well, we'll find out who gets crushed. Though I think you might be having a slight crush on me right now?", he stated, stretching his arms out to show off his outfit.

Taken aback, Miraya stepped away from him and said, "Excuse me. You're giving yourself too much credit," she said, narrowing her eyes at him. He went on, laughing at her actions, "You never let me complete. I was thinking that since I'm wearing a custom 'Miraya Mittal', you must be crushing on me."

When she realized he was actually wearing her design, her cheeks became a vibrant pink. She smiled teasingly and replied, "Well, that's true. Okay, so I'm crushing on you. And just between us, you're pulling it off the best among everyone."

He smiled, crossed his arms over his chest, and asked, "Are you flirting with me, Ms. Mittal?", with his eyebrows raised.

She sneered, "No, I'm just admiring my muse and design."

Gesturing for her to get closer, "Don't flirt with me", he whispered in her ear. "If I flirt back, befaltu mn shaadi ke sapne dekhne lag jaogi tum." (you'll start dreaming of our wedding for no reason)

Laughing, she raised an eyebrow at his confidence. She turned around and began to move away from him, shaking her head. He never took his eyes off of her. A faint smile crossed his lips as he watched her elegantly make her way through the crowd, waiting for her to turn around just once. He kept hoping that she would turn to look at him once, and just as he was about to give up, she did. She turned around to look at him, grinning brightly. It felt like his heart was pounding out of his body. He closed his eyes and placed his palm over his heart to display his feelings of utter joy at seeing her.

She turned her back on him, hid her smile, and proceeded in the direction of Maahi and Vivaan. Even as he got busy chatting to the guests, their eyes met across the crowded room. It felt as if her eyes always seemed to find his, only to realize that he was staring right back at her. The look that always pierced through his soul. He couldn't explain how he felt about her. Love seemed so stupid compared to this feeling that dominated his heart when he saw her, imagined her and dreamed about her. She was so perfect and worth the pain he was feeling being away from her.