Aankhon ko teri aadat hai

Miraya woke up with uncertainty in her heart. But all of that had to go. It was Maahi's day; she didn't want to be tense and spoil anyone's mood. She hurriedly left her room after taking a quick shower and putting on her lehenga. She made her way to Maahi's room. The girls were all getting ready together there.

Laughter filled the air, mingling with soft hum of excitement. Seated in a plush chair, Maahi was a picture of giddy anticipation. All the girls surrounded her like a bevy of butterflies, fluttering around her in a whirlwind of colors and chatter. Miraya grinned as she headed in their direction. She was met with smiles and hugs from everyone, as she walked up to Maahi's side.

She looked radiant as ever, gleaming like a diamond. Miraya leaned down and kissed her forehead, tears welling up in her eyes. Maahi asked, "Sahi h na?" to get her seal of approval. Miraya snorted and questioned, "Sahi? My darling, you are the most beautiful bride. Nazar na lage tujhe kisi ki bhi", she said, reaching into the makeup vanity for a kajal and putting a dot behind Maahi's ear. (Do I look okay? Okay?)

Both of them on the edge of falling apart, Maahi hugged Miraya, while tears flooded her eyes. Siya gave them a bear embrace from behind and exclaimed, "Alright guys! Reserve some tears for the wedding!" Anika jumped in, "Let's get you married Maahi di!"

The sisters stayed that way for quite a bit of time before they went to their respective places and began getting donned up. Miraya continued wandering to the sides of whoever was calling to her. She helped Maahi in putting on her lehenga, Siya with her earrings, and Anika with her makeup. At last, she took a seat in the chair to get her own hair and makeup done.

.

Through the door, stepped Chanda, wearing a vibrant pink lehenga. She was obviously unconcerned that it was a day wedding and that she would stick out among the entire group. "Ready ho gyi meri bacchi?", she yelled in the same grating voice as she bent down to look at Maahi. (Are you ready, my baby?)

Hearing her mother's voice, Maahi covered her ears with her hands and said, "Ow mom! Aaram se. Ho gyi mien ready," she said, flaunting her complete appearance. "Nazar na lage kisi ki," she exclaimed, beaming broadly. "Baarat kahan pahuchi?", Maahi was dying of suspense. (Softly mom! I'm ready. Hope no one castes an evil eye on you. Where has the wedding procession reached?)

"Look at her!" As the hairstylist worked her magic on her long locks, Miraya exclaimed, "She can't wait for one second now!" while peering through the mirror. Blushing, Maahi said, "Haan toh! Nahi ho raha hai wait." (So? I can't control anymore.)

All this while, Chanda kept trying to speak between the two sisters. At last, she shushed them both and said "That is what I came to tell you. They conducted the pooja in the temple nearby and have already departed from there. The baraat will soon reach the entrance of the wedding lawn. All the girls, come along with me. You have to welcome guests. I'm heading entrance as well for the pooja", Chanda finished announcing to everyone.

Maahi's expression brightened with joy thinking about the wedding and imagining Vivaan as a groom. As they watched her, absorbed in her own thoughts, all the girls began to hoot.

Miraya asked Chanda, "Bua aap jao! Mien inn sab ko lekar aa rahi hu." (Bua, you proceed. I'll bring them all with me.)

"Beta bas tu hi ready nahi hai," was her sardonic response. "Everyone else is. I'm taking them with me, you can come later, whenever you're ready." Once more, Miraya's heart broke completely. Restraining herself from responding, she simply nodded.(You're the only one who's not ready!)

Just as Siya was ready to confront Chanda about her remarks, Miraya intervened. She gestured for her to remain silent and let Chanda say whatever she wanted to.