Tere Naina

Miraya gathered her things, got out of the car, and made mental preparations to enter Maahi's home. She hoped she wouldn't have to deal with her bua.

Maahi opened the door before she could even press the doorbell. Miraya gave her a startled glance. She was wearing her pajamas, a blouse from one of her function outfits, and a matching dupatta on her head. Her hair was unkempt and tangled and was hanging out of her loosely tied bun. Her facial expressions screamed hopelessness and frustration. To stop herself from laughing, Miraya had to pinch her lips together. When it didn't work, she tried covering her mouth with her palm, but it was useless. She lost it and started laughing out loud.

"Haan tu bhi has le," yelled Maahi in even more anger. "Sab has lo bas. Mien to joker hu na yahan par." She walked straight to her room while stomping her feet, leaving the door open so Miraya could come in. (yes, you laugh as well. Everyone just keep laughing. I'm a joker here anyway)

"Mahi, come on! Sorry yaar. Control nahi hua tujhe dekh kar," Miraya said as she raced after her in an effort to apologise. (I couldn't control when I saw you)

"Nahi, control kyun? Hass! Aur hass. Yahan saare outfits try karte mera band baj gaya hai." She threw the veil on the bed and collapsed on the couch, saying, "and each and every piece has some problem or the other." (No, why would you control? Laugh more. Here I'm so done with trial of every outfit and she wants to laugh)

"Acha sun!" Miraya exclaimed as she fetched a glass of water from the side table and gave it to Maahi. "First, take a deep breath, and then tell me the exact problem. I'm here now. I'll help you. Don't worry."

Miraya's face genuinely led Maahi to think that she was talking the truth despite her sidelong glance. "Some of the pieces for my events and trousseau arrived yesterday," she said after taking a sip from the glass. "now that I began trying them, all of them have issues."

Taking a yellow kurta in hand, she remarked, "This is too loose on the bust." Then came a dress in emerald green to which she said, "This is too tight on the stomach. The embroidery on this blouse with embellishments is not done properly. How am I going to finish packing if these are not ready on time and finished nicely."

"Calm down", Miraya told her as she made an attempt to explain. "Could you wear them all again and show them to me? The fits can occasionally change as a result of things like bloating. If any significant modifications are necessary, I'll ask my tailor to do them all. Some brands defer the embroideries and finishings so that they can finish these items correctly once the fittings are completed. Because of sizing concerns, doing them over and over again is a lot of work."

"Okay! I'll begin trying them out again. Meanwhile, you sort out through these million jewelry pieces and shoes and decide what goes with what? I don't understand why my mom felt compelled to buy me all of these things. She is aware that I don't wear these heavy jhumkas or stylish heels," Maahi said scoffing at her bed piled up with wedding stuff.

"Because bua wants everything to be the best for you," Miraya said, grinning at her sister's antiques. "You will have to wear these items at least temporarily after your wedding. Nayi Dulhan kese lagegi varna?" The sisters roared with laughter as she delivered the final line in their grandma-like imitation. (How will you look like a newly-wed bride?)

The following hour was spent sorting accessories and pairing them with the right clothes to wear. Miraya meticulously studied each of the fittings as Maahi continued to show them. In order to save Maahi from having to go through a mountain of items once more, she organized the clothing that needed alterations into a pile to carry home and packed the accessories in accordance with the outfit options.