Mehndi laga ke rakhna

"Kuch to khaale, Maahi." While she was getting ready for the mehndi ceremony, Miraya encouraged her, saying, "Once you start getting the mehndi done, you won't be able to have anything." (Have something to eat, Maahi.)

"Yaar, I'm not in the mood for anything." Maahi waved off her hand as the makeup artist applied eyeliner, saying, "And I can have something during the event."

Siya approached Maahi and said, "How will you do that?" Maahi's cheeks flushed when she knew she would have to tell them. "Vivaan can feed me na," she remarked, grinning. "Vo aur kis liye hoga vahan?" (what else is he there for?)

"Ohhooo, ye to hum bhul hi gye the," whistled Miraya as she raised her eyes from the pile of jewelry to meet Maahi's. (Oh, we totally forgot about that part.)

Maahi asked, "Have all the guests reached?", trying to divert her attention with an awkward smile. "Everyone from our family and Vivaan's family is here," Miraya retorted. "They're having brunch. And there are still other people arriving," she added.

"Everyone will probably arrive by evening for the sangeet," Anika declared as she entered the room, dressed in a jumpsuit. "Well, everyone who is a relative or close friend is invited to the mehndi and they're already here."

"Anika, you look so pretty," Miraya remarked, planting a kiss on her forehead. "Thanks Di! Why are you not ready yet?", Anika exclaimed, "We have to start getting our mehndi applied and then practice for our sangeet performance one last time."

Maahi added to Anika's words, "Haan Miru. Tu ja, ready ho. I'll ask these two for help if I need it." Miraya nodded in agreement and hurriedly left the room to prepare for the mehndi. (You go and get ready.)

She hadn't seen Ruhaan throughout the entire morning. Her eyes were looking for him everywhere but she couldn't find him. She had so much to say to him. Before going to her room to get ready, she made a quick stop by the restaurant to see whether he was there.

Kiran noticed her, and she waved her towards the table. "Why are you not ready yet?" she enquired.

Miraya glanced around, seeing that everyone was chatting and enjoying their refreshments, but he was nowhere to be found. Lost in her own reverie, she uttered, "I was just wondering if you needed anything. I was helping Maahi with getting ready because I knew her mehndi would take the longest time."

With a platter full of sweets, Vivek came up behind her. Miraya offered him a hug, but as soon as she spotted the platter, she narrowed her eyes. Seeing what she was upset about, he said, "This is for them." He nervously laughed, "You know I don't eat sweets," and placed the plate in front of Kiran and Preeti, who were both giggling uncontrollably.

"Tu ja beta! We'll manage, here. In any case, we're going to get some rest and then head for the mehndi. Pehle tum bache lagwa lo mehndi, we'll get to it later", Kiran continued, grabbing a Ladoo from the platter and teasing Vivek as she nibbled on it. (You go child. First you kids can get your mehndi done, then we'll get ours)

She grinned at the silly banter between her parents and went to her room to get dressed.

.

Miraya, dressed in resplendent hot pink lehenga, stood before the mirror. As she settled into the chair to get her makeup done, her eyes fell on the intricately carved antique box , Ruhaan had given her. Her eyes glistened with a mix of excitement and joy, as she picked the earrings from the box and put them on. Adoring them, she peered into the mirror and noticed that her cheeks were turning an intense pink color as she thought about Ruhaan. Ultimately, she decided to wear those to surprise Ruhaan and let him know how much she appreciated his gift. She hurriedly got ready for the event, applying makeup and doing her hair, and leaving the room.