S I X

AS weird as it was, I couldn't shake the conversation that I overheard yesterday.

It not only seemed too good to be true, but it was absolutely disgusting to know.

Of course coming from Brooklyn it was probably expected, but at the end of the day, cheating was wrong.

I wouldn't even know how to tell Isaac, and quite frankly, I don't think I had enough respect for him to tell it.

I knew that soon enough the truth was going to come out, but who knows.

Maybe it needed to come out faster.

"Don't you have something to do?"

I was taken out of my thoughts and looked up to see the teacher standing over me. He adjusted his glasses.

I looked around the room to see some people working while others were watching movies on their computers.

I looked beside me to see Layla knocked out, laying her cheek on her English paper. Her brown hair messy, an airpod on her desk while the other was on the floor.

She was the heaviest sleeper I knew besides myself.

The teacher pursed his lips together before walking down the aisle. "If you don't have something to do, Miss Terrano, I will gladly find you something to do."

The fact that he asked me out of everybody in this room was beyond me.

I didn't say anything back while I pulled my chromebook out of my backpack, placing it on my desk and turning it on. I had a paper to type anyways.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and checked the time.

9:45.

I had only been in iss for a good hour and twenty minutes. I still had the rest of the day to go.

Don't get me wrong, it was peaceful in here since you didn't have your usual teachers, but it got boring after a while.

I should've called off work and chose after school detention that day.

I finally laid my head down, realizing that this was going to be a long day.

I swear I felt like I was locked up in an insane asylum

The teacher that was in there didn't help my situation.

I was so bored in there that I had actually wrote my government paper and finished some math work, even though I'm pretty fucking sure every math problem I answered was wrong.

Layla finished all her work within the first hour and was knocked out for the rest of the seven hours were in that same classroom.

Principal Atkins had stopped by, checking in on us.

He was visibly surprised that we had done our work and told us that he wouldn't be opposed to sending us to iss for every minor inconvenience.

I disagreed.